White sox winner!!!!!

harkness99

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He wouldn't have started today against a LHP  but you never know with Larussa .Maybe he puts Hamilton in CF and Goodwin in RF. But I'll sure take the major contributions we got from Collins, Goodwin and Lamb against the lefty Yarborough.

Yeah I understand that but all I'm saying is that Billy was a big contributor before he got hurt, and we don't have his services atm...

Big win. If you could go back and change the final score of the game to 7-3, where our bullpen shut them down, would you do it? Or would you rather have it play out exactly like it did?

I guess it’s a question of which is more important: Confidence of the guys in the pen or excitement/momentum that a game like that can give our club moving into the next series. 

57 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Yeah I understand that but all I'm saying is that Billy was a big contributor before he got hurt, and we don't have his services atm...

Ok cool I thought you were just talking about guys who would ve started today. I really can't think of one guy who hasn't had some nice contributuions in a lot of games. When you add them all up its a lot.

Mercedes was huge for a while, Hamilton had a nice little run for some games and always contributes defensively and on the bases when he gets on. Vaughn kills LHP and while he'll never be an above average fielder , he's steady. Lamb has hit some HR's got some walks. Goodwin comes up gets 5 RBI in his 1st game, adds some speed and can play all OF positions well enough. Leury does Leury things , Speed and defense inf. and OF and good enough hitting. Engel finally back robs a HR and hits 3 HR's in a short time. Mendick has a big dick and big balls. Grinder extraordinaire .

Sorry if I have left anyone out .

Edit: OK I forgot Collins and he's the backup catcher and Giolito and Rodon both like throwing to him. He's probably the 2nd most polarizing guy on the team behind Madrigal because his pitch calling and framing get scrutinized to death by those who don't like him . If its good enough for Gio and Rodon he's good enough for me. Always nice to have a guy who can hit RHP  with power on the bench.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 3

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ok cool I thought you were just talking about guys who would ve started today. I really can't think of one guy who hasn't had some nice contributuions in a lot of games. When you add them all up its a lot.

Mercedes was huge for a while, Hamilton had a nice little run for some games and always contributes defensively and on the bases when he gets on. Vaughn kills LHP and while he'll never be an above average fielder , he's steady. Lamb has hit some HR's got some walks. Goodwin comes up gets 5 RBI in his 1st game, adds some speed and can play all OF positions well enough. Leury does Leury things , Speed and defense inf. and OF and good enough hitting. Engel finally back robs a HR and hits 3 HR's in a short time. Mendick has a big dick and big balls. Grinder extraordinaire . Sorry if I have left anyone out .

It takes a team and Tony using the bench guys early and often helped foster that environment where everybody feels ready to contribute.  Just my opinion.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It takes a team and Tony using the bench guys early and often helped foster that environment where everybody feels ready to contribute.  Just my opinion.

Oh nice it feels like you are quoting me because I have been very fond of saying  "It takes a team" in the last few weeks , usually at the top of the winners thread when I beat everyone else to it .

4 minutes ago, quickman said:

What’s the back story on Moncada three days off for sinus infection seems a bit off to me. 

He'll be back tomorrow and Leury filled in pretty well for him in these 3 games. No harm, no foul as long as he plays in the Houston series. 

Love beating the “good teams” with a bad version of ours.  And despite the blown lead the news wasn’t even all bad on the bullpen.  Bummer looked fine—got burned by the error and prob shouldn’t have come out at all.  Marshall had a gutsy bounce back inning.  Burr looked great.  Even Heuer bounced back and threw some nice pitches after the HR.

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

Big win. If you could go back and change the final score of the game to 7-3, where our bullpen shut them down, would you do it? Or would you rather have it play out exactly like it did?

I guess it’s a question of which is more important: Confidence of the guys in the pen or excitement/momentum that a game like that can give our club moving into the next series. 

Give me the 7-3 win every time. It is tempting to say the way it ended just to emphasize my point about the need for a couple of relief pitchers but having them actually pitch better helps too since I'd rather save the prospect capital it may take to get RP.

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

I take 7-3 every time. Our bullpen guys need some confidence and momentum. 

20 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Was at the game! I've been lucky to be at some good ones this year,  and this by far was the most electric. Felt like we are already at 100% capacity. So damn fun!

Glad you had fun. Crowd sounded awesome on TV. Can't wait for 100 percent next week. 

• Love 1