A little Love for Ryan Burr!

DanofDuPage

Very nice to see a pitcher step in and step up.  We've been seeing that from guys like Hamilton, Lamb and Goodwin.  If the same magic dust starts working on bullpen arms, that would be terrific.  NEXT MAN UP!!! 

When Jace Fry is back and they decide Burr is the real deal, which I believe he is, Marshall should be the one to go. To erratic for me. One day he’s great, the next time a train wreck. Not to thrilled with Heuer lately either. Not saying he doesn’t have a great future but he’s been a Marshall lately. Good Days and Bad Days. Bummer seems to be coming around. Crochet and Burr should be 7th inning guys, Bummer the 8th ( if he continues to improve ) and of course Hendriks in the 9th. Middle relief and 2nd base still makes me nervous. Not saying a Mendick/Garcia combo can’t work, but legit 2nd basement that could be had for a reasonable price has to be explored as does Fry/Burr replacing Marshall. Question, is Foster hurt or in the doghouse??

13 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

When Jace Fry is back and they decide Burr is the real deal, which I believe he is, Marshall should be the one to go. To erratic for me. One day he’s great, the next time a train wreck. Not to thrilled with Heuer lately either. Not saying he doesn’t have a great future but he’s been a Marshall lately. Good Days and Bad Days. Bummer seems to be coming around. Crochet and Burr should be 7th inning guys, Bummer the 8th ( if he continues to improve ) and of course Hendriks in the 9th. Middle relief and 2nd base still makes me nervous. Not saying a Mendick/Garcia combo can’t work, but legit 2nd basement that could be had for a reasonable price has to be explored as does Fry/Burr replacing Marshall. Question, is Foster hurt or in the doghouse??

Look at usage.  Foster is the next guy to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Burr is a great dude and it's awesome to see him having success.

That said, his BABIP is .037. That is about as low as I have ever seen. He's had a lot of luck so far but when you throw strikes and put the pressure on the hitter good things happen.

Edited by raBBit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

That said, his BABIP is .037. That is about as low as I have ever seen. He's had a lot of luck so far but when you throw strikes and put the pressure on the hitter good things happen.

So you’re saying he’s not likely to keep up the 0.87 H/9 rate?