Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DanofDuPage

A little Love for Ryan Burr!

Recommended Posts

Please a little Love for Ryan Burr! 4 games, 1-0 record, 0.0 ERA, 5.1 innings pitched, 4 Strike Outs &  0.38 ERA. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Fire 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most impressive thing is that he has an ERA of 0.0 AND 0.38. That’s tough to do. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hes showed big balls, would rather send foster down to get some work and keep burr up

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, reiks12 said:

hes showed big balls, would rather send foster down to get some work and keep burr up

It is a little odd how little work Foster is getting. But his ERA is under 2 since the beginning of May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice to see a pitcher step in and step up.  We've been seeing that from guys like Hamilton, Lamb and Goodwin.  If the same magic dust starts working on bullpen arms, that would be terrific.  NEXT MAN UP!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Jace Fry is back and they decide Burr is the real deal, which I believe he is, Marshall should be the one to go. To erratic for me. One day he’s great, the next time a train wreck. Not to thrilled with Heuer lately either. Not saying he doesn’t have a great future but he’s been a Marshall lately. Good Days and Bad Days. Bummer seems to be coming around. Crochet and Burr should be 7th inning guys, Bummer the 8th ( if he continues to improve ) and of course Hendriks in the 9th. Middle relief and 2nd base still makes me nervous. Not saying a Mendick/Garcia combo can’t work, but legit 2nd basement that could be had for a reasonable price has to be explored as does Fry/Burr replacing Marshall. Question, is Foster hurt or in the doghouse??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

When Jace Fry is back and they decide Burr is the real deal, which I believe he is, Marshall should be the one to go. To erratic for me. One day he’s great, the next time a train wreck. Not to thrilled with Heuer lately either. Not saying he doesn’t have a great future but he’s been a Marshall lately. Good Days and Bad Days. Bummer seems to be coming around. Crochet and Burr should be 7th inning guys, Bummer the 8th ( if he continues to improve ) and of course Hendriks in the 9th. Middle relief and 2nd base still makes me nervous. Not saying a Mendick/Garcia combo can’t work, but legit 2nd basement that could be had for a reasonable price has to be explored as does Fry/Burr replacing Marshall. Question, is Foster hurt or in the doghouse??

Look at usage.  Foster is the next guy to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Look at usage.  Foster is the next guy to go.

Yup, especially since he has options.  Marshall is going to get more rope before they formally cut bait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cespedes debuted with the Dash as DH one walk one run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he is a keeper!

Another Strong outing!

10.2 IP, 1hit, 8SO,  O runs .O37whip

another very solid effort!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DanofDuPage said:

I think he is a keeper!

Another Strong outing!

10.2 IP, 1hit, 8SO,  O runs .O37whip

another very solid effort!

 

 

 

Interesting mix of capital O’s and zeros. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need some relief! I’m just trying to get a GM’s attention! Along w/ an outfielders...... please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Burr is a great dude and it's awesome to see him having success.

That said, his BABIP is .037. That is about as low as I have ever seen. He's had a lot of luck so far but when you throw strikes and put the pressure on the hitter good things happen.

Edited by raBBit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raBBit said:

That said, his BABIP is .037. That is about as low as I have ever seen. He's had a lot of luck so far but when you throw strikes and put the pressure on the hitter good things happen.

So you’re saying he’s not likely to keep up the 0.87 H/9 rate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love you Ryan Burr!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

burr has been getting the job done... but rockets all over the place.

Don't see it lasting for long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×