6/17 Sox @ Astros, 7:10 CT

I was watching MLB Tonight last night and they had quite a few look-ins at Houston. The ball really flies out of that place. Can't expect to win these games 3-2. Offense is going to have to produce. Hopefully Engel can man CF for 2 or 3 of the games, and hopefully Yermin is not in the lineup more than once or twice.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1993

4 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

cleveland is killing the orioles, so its win or be 3.5 games ahead. 

After Pitt this weekend the Tribe will have 16 consecutive challenging games. I think the Twins will get Buxton and a few others back. I expect to be up 2.5 after this weekend, which is possible if we split with Houston. 

7 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

cleveland is killing the orioles, so its win or be 3.5 games ahead. 

nobody has to worry about Cleveland. they are not good enough to take over the division. Sox are playing incredible at 5 or 6/9 strength and with the months schedules coming up Sox are going to bring that lead WAY up. Cleveland has a rough schedule leading into all star break. 

Edited by EloyJenkins
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

nobody has to worry about Cleveland. they are not good enough to take over the division. Sox are playing incredible at 5 or 6/9 strength and with the months schedules coming up Sox are bring that lead WAY up. Cleveland has a rough schedule leading into all star break. 

Cleveland is gonna remain in this race because they can pitch and our division is weak. I expect them to hang around 3 to 6 games back through the trade deadline. 

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Kyle Tucker is on Covid IL (we will see if he gets cleared today or tomorrow) and Bregman is going to miss the whole series. Sox should pounce on this opportunity and anything less than 2 (really 3) wins will be a downer

What? Houston has a good team. No shame in going 1-3 or 2-2, provided the games are competitive. 

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Cleveland is gonna remain in this race because they can pitch and our division is weak. I expect them to hang around 3 to 6 games back through the trade deadline. 

If the Sox keep winning, there comes a point where if Cleveland is within 3-6 games, they're in a strong WC position and the worst that could happen at that point is falling down to a WC spot. Even a pessimistic 1-3 vs HOU and 11-7 vs PIT/SEA/MIN/DET/MIN/BAL still leaves the Sox 20 games over at the AS break.

14 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

nobody has to worry about Cleveland. they are not good enough to take over the division. Sox are playing incredible at 5 or 6/9 strength and with the months schedules coming up Sox are going to bring that lead WAY up. Cleveland has a rough schedule leading into all star break. 

they will call up a AAA no name and he will be their next Civale, watch

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

If the Sox keep winning, there comes a point where if Cleveland is within 3-6 games, they're in a strong WC position and the worst that could happen at that point is falling down to a WC spot. Even a pessimistic 1-3 vs HOU and 11-7 vs PIT/SEA/MIN/DET/MIN/BAL still leaves the Sox 20 games over at the AS break.

I'm not saying we won't be ahead or in the race, just that Cleveland will keep some pressure on us. Some here were expecting Cleveland to be 10 back by the end of the month. They aren't that bad. 

15 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Kyle Tucker is on Covid IL (we will see if he gets cleared today or tomorrow) and Bregman is going to miss the whole series. Sox should pounce on this opportunity and anything less than 2 (really 3) wins will be a downer

Yes.  And pitching favors the Sox.  4 game series tho.  Let's take 3/4.

33 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Even a pessimistic 1-3 vs HOU and 11-7 vs PIT/SEA/MIN/DET/MIN/BAL still leaves the Sox 20 games over at the AS break.

Been saying this all week.  The team has put themselves in great position (against all obstacles). 

Don't Cease get it get it (yes, I am aware I've stolen this....no shame).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EloyJenkins said:

Always worry about Cleveland.  Always.