6/17 Sox @ Astros, 7:10 CT

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

cleveland is killing the orioles, so its win or be 3.5 games ahead. 

I am not going to worry too much about this.  If the Sox keep playing decently with this many players out and infirmed, that is enough to get us to the playoffs, even if Cleveland significantly overperforms their talent this season.

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

100% fair game...go all out bro.  Also fair to question how anyone could actually propose using Billy Hamilton at DH.

To be fair Hamilton was driving in runs when I said that. Continued to also. So anyone was fair game for that dh spot during the 5-65 slump 

Edited by Greydawgfan1

41 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

With a righty on the mound and Eaton on the IL, I feel like Lamb needs to play.

Yes, put Lamb behind Abreu. I think that some real protection would help Abreu more than anything right now. If he believed he could take a walk, maybe he'd quit swinging at those terrible pitches low and away. I know Lamb isn't great, but against a rightie, he's way better (or less bad) than Yermin. 

28 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I consider the Astros smart for having no lefties in their rotation, preparing for an inevitable post season matchup.

Wondering if there will be any beanball incidents this series, considering Dusty and Tony’s acrimonious relationship over the decades.

Valdez is lefty and probably one of their best starters.

53 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

To be fair Hamilton was driving in runs when I said that. Continued to also. So anyone was fair game for that dh spot during the 5-65 slump 

Nope, it’s never fair to ignore that Hamilton has been one of the worst hitters in baseball over the past half decade just because you’re mad Yermin hit a HR on a 3-0 count while up big.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, T R U said:

Will be there tonight sitting right behind home plate

First game since 2019, hopefully a winner I really hate the Astros

I will be in my yellow jacket as usual. 

1 hour ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Be careful around these parts. Mercedes sucks but you can’t say that lol

Sure you can because, well, he has sucked. However he was huge in April. So huge in fact he became a figure that fans and media around baseball soaked up. And he should be given opportunities to not suck like every Sox player have been given opportunities. He was so huge that if you looked at his numbers now you would think he's had a pretty good year instead of slumping for 6 weeks .

Vaughn has sucked too the only difference is Vaughn can still currently hit LHP but he has sucked all year against RHP and he too will get opportunities to not suck against RHP.

Hamilton has sucked for years but because he does fielding and base running at elite levels he has managed to survive and his non sucking moments are exciting.

Many think Leury sucks but he too has contributed to many wins with hitting, running and fielding.

55 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Valdez is lefty and probably one of their best starters.

You're right, I missed him since he only pitched 4 games this year. Not sure if he will go in the postseason in a White Sox series, especially if Robert and Jimenez are both back, and Abreu, Anderson and Vaughn mashing.

Oakland was fortunate they started their lefty in the game they would likely lose anyway based on Lucas' domination, they would have lost the series if he started in Games 2 or 3, even though the Sox didn't have a solid starter beyond Giolito.

Edited by South Side Hit Men