6/17 Sox @ Astros, 7:10 CT

17 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

That’s 100 percent not the reason I don’t like him because he’s a garbage player with a history of not taking direction, and being uncoachable.   I love when Timmy throws the bat or Lynn yells. The difference is they are useful. You trying to spin it like the at is 100 percent because you know he’s a shitty black hole too but won’t admit it 

See the funny thing is that coming into this season, I had zero expectations of Yermin. But unlike you, I enjoyed what he did and hope to see him do more. But your feelings are so hurt that people keep telling you to get something other than Yermin hate to talk about, that you assume that every one else loves the guy because you can't conceptualize putting your favorite team ahead of a mindless hatred. 

For the record, I didn't think he would even do what he did this season,  so I enjoyed every minute of it. 

On 2/14/2021 at 3:25 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Yermon Mercedes in all likelihood is a 4A player. He has no defensive position to play. You are talking about his skills in the past tense like he has proven anything. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2021 at 8:55 AM, southsider2k5 said:

I see it more like this... The Sox had this hole and even with having every piece of statistical data on Yermin Mercedes, they still chose to play guys like AJ Reed and Matt Skole over him.  The Sox know more than anyone in baseball about Yermin, and still went out and found waiver wire garbage to start over him.  Even with the Sox decision making, no other team in baseball has been wiling to acquire Mercedes.  The odds are really, really, really high that 2+2=4 here, and he joins the scrap heap of 4A players who never could break though after putting up insane minor league hitting numbers.

Add this one the the list.

44 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The sox don't have the firepower to get into a mashing contest with any of the elite teams. 

Starting pitching has to be great in order for us to compete vs good teams.   The margin for error is none. 

The best and completely accurate statement i have seen on this site, it looked like men against boys and it looked like the Sox were using wiffle bats while the Astros were using aluminum bats.

The Sox need all their guns to compete with the big boys. They need Eloy and Robert back and need to go out and get another bat and another quality set up man. Thankfully its a long way to the playoffs and the Central Division is the weakest of the three divisions. 

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

See the funny thing is that coming into this season, I had zero expectations of Yermin. But unlike you, I enjoyed what he did and hope to see him do more. But your feelings are so hurt that people keep telling you to get something other than Yermin hate to talk about, that you assume that every one else loves the guy because you can't conceptualize putting your favorite team ahead of a mindless hatred. 

For the record, I didn't think he would even do what he did this season,  so I enjoyed every minute of it. 

I enjoyed it too. He was so hot it was unreal. I had never seen a new Sox player get off to such a good start. Usually we have a guy start like Ventura did his first season.