Sox @ Astros, 6/18 7:10 Central

gusguyman

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They can’t just bank on Eloy & Robert to fix all their problems either.  We need a RF & 2B IMO.

Yeah idk why people are banking on both players to return and be huge difference makers. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if one of them comes back and can actually get baseball ready in time for the playoffs. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Yeah idk why people are banking on both players to return and be huge difference makers. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if one of them comes back and can actually get baseball ready in time for the playoffs. 

Even if they can, something else could go wrong.  We don’t need stars in 2B or RF, but we definitely need upgrades.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

But I do have faith in La Russa forcing the front office to make a couple win now moves.

Big time. The biggest positive of having TLR imo. Get out there and get Starling Marte. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They can’t just bank on Eloy & Robert to fix all their problems either.  We need a RF & 2B IMO.

Yep and I’m fine not worrying about what they give up from the farm. There’s so little in terms of impact players in the minors that you take any value you can get.

2 losses in a row with virtually no offensive production....this team may be forcing RH to realize they need to be buyers.  They should still win the division but this offense needs help and the bullpen needs a reliable set up guy.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Even if they can, something else could go wrong.  We don’t need stars in 2B or RF, but we definitely need upgrades.

Exactly. Escobar is versatile so if Moncada gets injured he can replace him along with being valuable from both sides of the plate and being the guy most likely to hit a HR in the whole Sox lineup as of today's lineup.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Fair enough...sorry to disparage your character.  My apologies ron.

To be fair, I lied about that. He definitely got injured shortly after I made that comment. Thank you though.

Edited by ron883

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

To be fair, I lied about that. He definitely got injured shortly after I made that comment. Thank you though.

There used to be a time where you could come to the game thread and not be lied to....but I guess those days are gone.