Sox @ Astros, 6/18 7:10 Central

gusguyman

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Three straight guys get on base and nothing to show for it.  Stop inserting yourself in games Tony.

I got no problem with a hit and run, but Mendick and Collins combo for that is not ideal. Mendick isn't exactly known for making a ton of contact. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

So fucking sick of this small ball bull shit.

We are in the 21st century, not the 19th century. Too bad our manager isn’t.

Hit and running is hardly small ball. That was a fine time to do it and that was the pitch to do it on. Didn't execute.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Or maybe the untradeable Mendick should have hit that pitch. 

Mendick is to blame too no doubt, but ultimately I don’t like managers over-managing, especially early in games.  And I’m not sure I get the logic of hit & running in that situation there even if I put my old school baseball hat on.

• Like 2

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Hit and running is hardly small ball. That was a fine time to do it and that was the pitch to do it on. Didn't execute.

Sox have run themselves out of many innings this year, not even counting the bunting obsession. 3 hits, 0 runs. That’s on Tony.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Exactly, it was a horrible time to call for a hit and run.

Usually if you hit and run, you want to make sure the guy on 1st has some speed so that in case there's no contact made he's not dead to rights. Collins has to be one of the slowest players on the team. I think I have more of an issue with that than choosing Mendick to hit in that situation. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Usually if you hit and run, you want to make sure the guy on 1st has some speed so that in case there's no contact made he's not dead to rights. Collins has to be one of the slowest players on the team. I think I have more of an issue with that than choosing Mendick to hit in that situation. 

Highly disagree with that. It makes a lot more sense to hit and run with someone slow

And Mendick has a league average contact rate. That was the time to do it if youre going to do it. And he got the perfect pitch to do it with. I dont know what that swing was.

• Haha 1

It’s so bittersweet seeing Hard Carl finally reach his potential after being DFAed and now approaching FA.  Hopefully we can ride his arm to a title this year.

I'm guessing we will try to re-sign one of him and Lynn (and it'll be Lynn).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yup, Collins is almost certainty the second slowest guy on the team after Grandal.  Just doesn’t make sense to hit & run with him outside of very unique scenarios.

Just now, Heads22 said:

I'm guessing we will try to re-sign one of him and Lynn (and it'll be Lynn).

Carlos is going to price himself out of our price range. If he stays healthy and pitches like this the rest of the way, there's no way he's getting less than $100 million. I can see Lynn taking a Peavy-esque deal with us at $20 million a year. 

As impressive as Rodon has been and despite being younger, I’d still rather extend Lynn.  Dude has become an all-time favorite overnight.

Can we extend Carlos a QO? I'm not sure and I wonder if we'd consider it.

• Like 1