6-19 GT: Sox @ Astros (6:15pm)

29 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

What's amazing is the Sox were able to put up this record with such a weak ass roster.  Now they are being exposed against a good team. 

I've said  to anyone listening that the run differential this year plus and some of the pitching excellence including last years reliever kiddie corp was due to poor competition and that the lack of power and hitting against RHP would hurt us against better teams. I'll throw in lack of versatility for those who clamor for Schwarber when Escobar not only can play 2nd in place of Mendick but could also replace Moncada should he get injured.

We become much better if Eloy and Robert return to form. But in the meantime the sooner we get Escobar's power against both RH and LH pitching and some relief help the better.  If those things happen  there's still a good shot at the pennant and home field advantage in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Baron said:

Yeah they only played Tampa...guess that one doesn't count 

That was at home and one series. The Sox overall record against  better than .500 teams is going to be close to .500 after this series. To be the best you have to beat the best consistently. Thye need help and they need to get home field advantage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I've said  to anyone listening that the run differential this year plus and some of the pitching excellence including last years reliever kiddie corp was due to poor competition and that the lack of power and hitting against RHP would hurt us against better teams. I'll throw in lack of versatility for those who clamor for Schwarber when Escobar not only can play 2nd in place of Mendick but could also replace Moncada should he get injured.

We become much better if Eloy and Robert return to form. But in the meantime the sooner we get Escobar's power against both RH and LH pitching and some relief help the better.  If those things happen  there's still a good shot at the pennant and home field advantage in the playoffs.

Like year, roughly half those misleading numbers came against DET and KC.

And the Astros aren’t even a shadow of their former selves on the pitching front.    

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I’d add Abreu to that list. The Sox aren’t going far unless he turns it around. Great May (1.053 OPS), terrible April (.690) and June (.564 entering today).

Hope he starts something here.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

not to mention, playing garbage teams most of the time doesn't really get your guys prepared for teams like Houston/Boston/LAA/TB/NYY

(I'm aware they split and won vs BOS/TB, but some of the games vs the aforementioned teams were ugly as fuck)

also, Sox are horrible vs pitchers they've never seen before, especially at that players home ballpark.  this series was a certain loss/blowout

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

What do you call Toro and Garcia playing better than Bregman the past 3 games? That shit happens in baseball. If we look this bad against the Pirates and Mariners next week I'll start really worrying.

I agree we need reinforcements, but it seems like our entire offense can't hit with RISP right now and I don't think that'll be the case for the rest of the year.

Our defense has been bad as well. Balls hit tonight over Leury and Vaughn’s heads tonight should have been caught.  Our catchers cannot throw anybody out.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Agree with all this. 

The injuries combined with the lack of depth have the Sox playing too many people out of position. 

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Love AJ’s homage to Hawk with the Wegner call. 

Don't have Fox on but that sounds a bit uncalled for 😎

Edited by wegner
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Nick_Schwam said:

Lmaoooo old ass man typing ncorgbl….. imagine being that much of a loser lmaoooo

You should probably simmer down. You attacked Caulfield  1st and  brought his wife into it and then threatened him with physical harm. Some of that stuff is ban worthy not to mention the ageism.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

We were due for a streak like this. Just need to try and get the game tomorrow and get an off day Monday

I will be in Pittsburgh for the series so hope we can turn it around there. 

Enjoy the Pirate series...and see what you can do about the Sox leaving town with Adam Frazier on their charter.

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If there’s one thing we really need more of in America today, it’s tough guy internet bullies from Toledo...

Right the tough internet guy who posts a picture of his face instead of some random ass picture?!