6-19 GT: Sox @ Astros (6:15pm)

6 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

We have seen slumps like this before and he comes around. 

He has, and I hope he does, but the usual theories (he starts slow, it’s cold out) aren’t in play. Improvement of plate discipline will help, whether he can regain catching up on fastballs or not.

Sometimes he tries too do to much, in an attempt to carry the team, and it works against him.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

If you completely ignore his stats vs fastballs at 95 MPH+, sure. You won't look at that objectively though. 

It amazes me how folks can make an analysis based on a couple weeks of off play and jump to the conclusion that a 34 yr old MVP and All-Star is finished. Besides that this one game  is not the end of the world 

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

He has, and I hope he does, but the usual theories (he starts slow, it’s cold out) aren’t in play. Improvement of plate discipline will help, whether he can regain catching up on fastballs or not.

Sometimes he tries too do to much, in an attempt to carry the team, and it works against him.

I think your last paragraph is spot on

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

It amazes me how folks can make an analysis based on a couple weeks of off play and jump to the conclusion that a 34 yr old MVP and All-Star is finished. Besides that this one game  is not the end of the world 

It's data from the entire year. He's hitting .150 against fastballs 95+. He's normally well above .300 against those. 

• Like 2

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

No offense but these moral victory posts are kind of silly. The Sox will need to beat teams like Houston if they want to go all the way this year.

Victories are victories. What kind of stupid post is this.