6-19 GT: Sox @ Astros (6:15pm)

4 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

PIT, SEA, MIN, DET, MIN, BAL  to the Allstar Break. 

We're going to be fine. 

nice, more awful teams to pad their record, followed by another good team that beats their asses again.  I hate our division, fucking garbage

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

You of all people know about stupid posts.

Your right I'm looking at one and it's yours. How about they win and get to the playoffs? Sounds like fun to me. 

Every team goes through rough spots....remember we just won a series against an awfully good Tampa Bay team earlier this week.

But maybe this series does put some pressure on Hahn to do something sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

No offense but these moral victory posts are kind of silly. The Sox will need to beat teams like Houston if they want to go all the way this year.

I'll take my chances if we get there in full strength. 

Silly are those already jumping off the wagon .

Edited by HOFHurt35

Just now, Baron said:

Your right I'm looking at one and it's yours. How about they win and get to the playoffs? Sounds like fun to me. 

You’re completely missing the point. They aren’t going to be facing teams like Pittsburgh and Detroit in the playoffs. At some point they are going to have to beat the top tier teams consistently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

You’re completely missing the point. They aren’t going to be facing teams like Pittsburgh and Detroit in the playoffs. At some point they are going to have to beat the top tier teams consistently.

I'm not missing the point at all. Who gives a shit that they won't be facing Detroit or the Pirates? Beat them and make the playoffs. With the team at full strength who knows what will happen. What should they do if they lose to those good teams(They beat Tampa just FYI)? Surrender all their games because they only beat the teams that they should beat? 

Edited by Baron

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Every team goes through rough spots....remember we just won a series against an awfully good Tampa Bay team earlier this week.

But maybe this series does put some pressure on Hahn to do something sooner rather than later.

Tampa Bay has gotten slapped by Seattle since then. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

This is the same bullshit people said in 2005. 

Get there first, and get there healthy. 

Debbie Downer

• Like 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

We didnt play too well against Seattle either if I remember...does that make the Mariners better than the Yankees?

• Like 1

Just now, reiks12 said:

who is the clown? the guy who thinks the playoffs are a lock on June 19th or the one who understands that anything can happen? 

As a lifelong Sox fan who has never seen 2 playoff seasons in a row, I am hopeful but cautious.

57 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I hadn't looked this up until today, but it really validates what I've seen during games this year. 

He's hit some low 90s fastballs out and he's a smart enough hitter to guess off-speed in certain counts, but his days of hitting high 90s fastball well are probably over. Father time always wins. I hope I'm wrong, but the numbers really don't do him any favors. 

I think it's rare to go from MVP to finished. Most players have a slow decline rather than all at once. He'll pick it up not to MVP status but he won't be a liability, Ron has sounded the Jose death knell before. Sooner or later he will be right and then what? He'll tell us all he told us so when he gets it right for the 1st time in 10 such predictions ?

32 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Dodgers too went through a bad stretch of losing something like 15 of 20 . Sox aren't even close to that. Dodgers have some tough competition . The Sox for the most part don't. Anything can happen but I would suspect they will continue to beat the bad teams and stay on top and get much better when they make trades and get Eloy and Robert up to speed. I really don't care how they get too the best record in the AL but that should be the goal. They play very well at home.

I dont mind loading a series or even being swept in a season by a hefty margin... happens to the best of them.

What bothers me though is that it’s been at the hands of the damned Astros. I despise these bastards.

3 hours ago, chw42 said:

Jose vs. fastballs over 95 MPH this year: .158 BA and .237 SLG. 

Jose vs. fastballs over 95 MPH last year: .371 BA and .857 SLG.

Jose vs. fastballs over 95 MPH in 2019: .348 BA and .623 SLG. 

It's night and day really. 

And how many times have we heard it?

The people worried need to take a step back and realize this team is making the playoffs. Our division is too ass not to. They say, "Just get in, anything can happen in the playoffs." So relax, our arguably 2/3 most hyped young hitters are out. Get healthy, make some needed moves, adjust accordingly and wreak havoc come September and October, baby!

6 hours ago, hi8is said:

I dont mind loading a series or even being swept in a season by a hefty margin... happens to the best of them.

What bothers me though is that it’s been at the hands of the damned Astros. I despise these bastards.

It's ironical that we play these guys the series before they start to crack down on a type of "cheating" on Monday.

10 hours ago, wegner said:

As a lifelong Sox fan who has never seen 2 playoff seasons in a row, I am hopeful but cautious.

I never put two and two together until you made this comment.  I have been a fan for 65 years and yet not having 2 playoff seasons in a row is what every living WS fan has experienced.  This is a year for all of us to get excited about.

• Like 1