6/20 | Sox @ Astros | 1:10PM CT

Tnetennba

Getting swept is never a good thing, but I think this series will be a much needed wake up call for the organization.  As awesome as our W-L record & run differential is, we’ve been fortunate to beat up some bad teams.  The rotation is the real deal, but the offense without Eloy, Robert, & Madrigal is simply not that good and bullpen is going to need some help.  This is still one of the best teams in baseball when healthy, but we can’t afford to be overly cocky in our current form and need to find a way to add some reinforcements come July.  Hopefully they kick things in motion by optioning Yermin to AAA after the game.  Feels like we’ve got to be close to that happening.

• Like 2

Just now, hankchifan said:

He started the rout with his botched up run down tag, and ended the rout with a nice play.

The whole series has been a rout , out of our depth here must be the greenhouse effect .

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Getting swept is never a good thing, but I think this series will be a much needed wake up call for the organization.  As awesome as our W-L record & run differential is, we’ve been fortunate to beat up some bad teams.  The rotation is the real deal, but the offense without Eloy, Robert, & Madrigal is simply not that good and bullpen is going to need some help.  This is still one of the best teams in baseball when healthy, but we can’t afford to be overly cocky in our current form and need to find a way to add some reinforcements come July.  Hopefully they kick things in motion by optioning Yermin to AAA after the game.  Feels like we’ve got to be close to that happening.

They should really give Sheets a look at DH. 

If he can contribute that's a guy they might not want to trade. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

just wanna throw it out there

are we really 100% convinced Houston isn't still stealing signs, just because they aren't banging a trash can doesn't mean there aren't 20 other methods of doing it.  any team worth a shit would've had a game plan going into Houston where sign stealing wouldn't be an option.  I would've changed all the signs every inning. I mean, Correa and Altuve were wearing electronic devices under their jerseys that year as well

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This is a good assessment. I've loved the winning, but somehow I never thought this team was a lock on the division. There are no quick remedies, but recognizing the problem would be a good step.

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Does Yermin have an option remaining?