6/20 | Sox @ Astros | 1:10PM CT

Tnetennba

3 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Moncada and Abreu are supposed to be good, right?

I think Abreu might be nursing an injury tbh, I'm not on board with this idea that he stopped being able to catch up to fastballs the year after an MVP (shortened) season, just seems silly to suggest that over the more likely reason being an injury of some sort (I suggested in another thread that maybe it's an oblique, something that absolutely affects your ability to swing a bat hard)

16 minutes ago, wegner said:

Ouch, that is excellent.

BTW, found Jungle Boogie at Binnys yesterday and am enjoying it now.

Terrific local beer...thanks for the suggestion.

Nice, beer helps while watching the Sox this weekend. You’ll like NG Dancing Man possibly more.

Folks keep fretting about this hitter or that hitter. The starters (Cease, Lynn and Keuchel) are the bigger concerns coming out of the weekend, with Lynn’s huge drop in spin rate the highest point of concern in terms of bouncing back.

The bullpen beyond Hendriks continues to be a concern. Don’t hear the bragging about how elite they are that we heard in March.

The good news is they are playing teams with even bigger holes through the All Star Break.

34 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

The Sox starting pitching have held their own, even against high powered offense but suddenly they can't get these guys out? Something here is fishy. Thats not to say they aren't legitimately beating us but I have my doubts. The Sox offense has been putrid this series but our strength is our starting pitching...hmmmm...yeah, I went there, lol.

I’m thinking it’s more likely something is fishy on the pitching end than the other way around.  With that said, if the pitching is going to slow down across the league due to the sticky stuff ban, then the offense better start picking things up.  

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Nice, beer helps while watching the Sox this weekend. You’ll like NG Dancing Man possibly more.

Folks keep fretting about this hitter or that hitter. The starters (Cease, Lynn and Keuchel) are the bigger concerns coming out of the weekend, with Lynn’s huge drop in spin rate the highest point of concern in terms of bouncing back.

The bullpen beyond Hendriks continues to be a concern. Don’t hear the bragging about how elite they are that we heard in March.

The good news is they are playing teams with even bigger holes through the All Star Break.

I probably should've driven to WI to get the Dancing Man....this game has been a bit painful.

If the starters pitch like they did this weekend going forward (besides Hard Carl of course) we would be in big trouble.  Hopefully just a really bad weekend.

I guess we will see if Lynn is affected by tomorrow's rule enforcement change.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Beckham pissed off Astros fans?  Good for him and Screw Them.  That fan base can kiss my a$$.

They have become my most hated fanbase since the cheating scandal. Somehow they've managed to have a victim mentality after that whole debacle. 

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m thinking it’s more likely something is fishy on the pitching end than the other way around.  With that said, if the pitching is going to slow down across the league due to the sticky stuff ban, then the offense better start picking things up.  

Not sure that’s gonna happen. Since Madrigal they have had some people step up, but……