6/20 | Sox @ Astros | 1:10PM CT

Tnetennba

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I hope he gets to celebrate some of his Fathers Day with Jet....and I never want to hear him in the booth again.  BTW I like him in pre and post game.

I thought he was great pre and post. Being in the booth is just a different animal 

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Beckham is a fluffy headed dilly do. How to hit .219 in mlb by Gordy. 

GB himself said on the broadcast that he was more of a football than a baseball guy. His family were mostly footballers.  Maybe he got hit on the head one too many times playing football in high school.

45 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

That is worse. Dimishes our win over TB and means we need to worry about SEA now. 

I think Grandal might have broken the Rays' bullpen. The Mariners had 3 walk off wins. 

5 hours ago, Big Hurtin said:

I hope this is the end of that experiment.  Time to find a different career.

I thought he was OK. Not like the Stoney-Jason banter but OK. He fielded a lot of questions from Jason in the 3 games they worked. Still better than the last 2 years of Hawk when Hawk got crabby.

6 hours ago, Big Hurtin said:

Why is Stone out for so many games, anyway?  I hope it's not health related.

Stoney is 73 ... much older than he looks. Pure speculation but he may want to naturally reduce his load by skipping a few road trips. 73 is not ancient in modern history but he's no young-un either. May want to enjoy some time off during the season.

7 hours ago, The Beast said:

It makes me wonder what really could help this team right now. Clearly they can’t play against the big boys without Robert, Jimenez and maybe Madrigal. Good god do they suck right now.

As much as I hate the reliance on the long ball, Sox seem to have a simple victory formula through the years: 3 homers a game coupled with the starter going 7 innings, we win a lotta games. if either thing is missing, Sox are just a normal team. Sox don't seem to be blasting many homers. How the Sox have built this amazing record this season so far, I dunno. Tony is doing something right in addition to playing lousy Central teams.

14 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I thought he was OK. Not like the Stoney-Jason banter but OK. He fielded a lot of questions from Jason in the 3 games they worked. Still better than the last 2 years of Hawk when Hawk got crabby.

Can you imagine the % of the games Hawk woud've been silent this weekend...man oh man.

58 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Stoney is 73 ... much older than he looks. Pure speculation but he may want to naturally reduce his load by skipping a few road trips. 73 is not ancient in modern history but he's no young-un either. May want to enjoy some time off during the season.

I don't think he or Jason is going on the road this year nor any of the crew that normally would accompany them. Sox cutting expenses.