Is it time to rebuild the rebuild?

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

The Sox have been completely exposed and embarrassed in this series, and there is no guarantee that Eloy and Robert will be anywhere close to the players they were when they come back...if they come back at all. Is it time to tear things down and get a haul for Lynn and Rodon at the deadline?

You have been completely exposed and embarrassed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They can’t justify extending Rodon and I have no interest in extending a 34 year old Lynn for multiple years. 

If the wheels fall off over the next month I’d definitely entertain trading them, I just doubt the wheels fall off

• Like 1

Can’t even imagine Yankees’ fans posting this after they were swept by DET.

It does push us back down into the reality zone, and away from “the best team in baseball as is” nonsense.

Will be a race between Indians and Sox to get their players back.   Sox should have the financial resources to blow the Indians out of the water, but only if JR signs off on it.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 2

I think this post make a lot of sense.  Looking back at 2005, the Sox had losing records against the Red Sox and the Angels, and the season was clearly over when the Angels swept the Sox in Chicago in September.  Would have saved the time of a championship parade, expensive World Series tickets, etc.

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

The Sox have been completely exposed and embarrassed in this series, and there is no guarantee that Eloy and Robert will be anywhere close to the players they were when they come back...if they come back at all. Is it time to tear things down and get a haul for Lynn and Rodon at the deadline?

Welcome to the Jack Parkman Panic Attack Fan Club.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

The sox are in first place despite missing half of their lineup. 

I doubt many teams could lose 3 of their best hitters and still be in first place. 

Houston is without Kyle Tucker bWAR 2.5 and Alex Bregman, no Verlander this entire season, and their next best pitcher (Valdez) only with five starts on the season.

Cleveland has given away Lindor, Carassco and Clevinger, is without their ace (Bieber) and all other starters except Civale, is without both starting catchers, CF and DH (second best hitter). Yet they are gaining ground on the White Sox.

Mets lost even more, still in first. The Padres have lost a ton of players in the best division in baseball, still right there.

Never heard all of these excuses last season when Eloy was out, they had one good starter, no available third starter for the playoffs. Dusty Baker’s team was ready to play, Tony La Russa’s team was ready to concede. 

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Houston is without Kyle Tucker bWAR 2.5 and Alex Bregman, no Verlander this entire season, and their next best pitcher (Valdez) only with five starts on the season.

Cleveland has given away Lindor, Carassco and Clevinger, is without their ace (Bauer) and all other starters except Civale, is without both starting catchers, CF and DH (second best hitter). Yet they are gaining ground on the White Sox.

Mets lost even more, still in first. The Padres have lost a ton of players in the best division in baseball, still right there.

Never heard all of these excuses last season when Eloy was out, they had one good starter, no available third starter for the playoffs. Dusty Baker’s team was ready to play, Tony La Russa’s team was ready to concede. 

They're gaining ground on the Sox because the Sox just played 2 of the best teams in baseball and lost 5/7 while the Indians just had the benefit of playing 2 of the worst teams in baseball and won 5/7. 

No available third starter for the playoffs? What does that even mean? Let's assume you mean Kopech. It's 6/21. I'd bet you my life savings he's back by 10/1. Even if not, they'd STILL have a third starter for the playoffs (Rodon).

Mets and Padres may have lost more guys than the Sox, but I'm not so sure the 3 that the Sox lost are less important to the Sox than anyone else that NYM or SD may have lost. Oh, and Cleveland has been "without their ace (Bauer)" for about 680 days now.

5 days ago you were probably stoked by the Sox performance. Now you want everyone dealt because they got swept by a good team. Take a breather

Edited by soxfan49

The season isn't over because of a four-game sweep, but the team didn't look like it was ready to play. And the possibility that the Sox won't win this division has to be considered. And if it doesn't, what will be the response of the FO? The rebuild has come a long way, but it hasn't produced anything yet.

15 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

and in the game thread you were insinuating my posts were dumb? Holy shit this takes the cake. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

They're gaining ground on the Sox because the Sox just played 2 of the best teams in baseball and lost 5/7 while the Indians just had the benefit of playing 2 of the worst teams in baseball and won 5/7. 

No available third starter for the playoffs? What does that even mean? Let's assume you mean Kopech. It's 6/21. I'd bet you my life savings he's back by 10/1. Even if not, they'd STILL have a third starter for the playoffs (Rodon).

Mets and Padres may have lost more guys than the Sox, but I'm not so sure the 3 that the Sox lost are less important to the Sox than anyone else that NYM or SD may have lost. Oh, and Cleveland has been "without their ace (Bauer)" for about 680 days now.

5 days ago you were probably stoked by the Sox performance. Now you want everyone dealt because they got swept by a good team. Take a breather

I'm talking about 2020, not the current rotation. Keuchel was lit up, they had no third starter, almost beat Oakland anyway because the team didn't quit.

Mets have lost their entire outfield, their second and third best starters (Syndergaard and Carrasco), and De Grom has been pulled early his last two starts due to injuries, this after coming of a previous DL stint. Tell me where the Sox are at without Rodon, Lynn and Giolito, in addition to losing Robert, Eloy and Engel.

Madrigal is not one of the three most important White Sox players. Hell, he isn't even close to being one of the three most important infielders on the White Sox.

Injuries are "biblical" this season, its impacting most teams.