Is it time to rebuild the rebuild?

11 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

"ugly in a hurry"

🙄

The Sox are the only team that have pitchers who used foreign substances and only their pitchers will be affected by the lack of substance and their hitters will stay the same. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

On 6/20/2021 at 6:21 PM, caulfield12 said:

Can’t even imagine Yankees’ fans posting this after they were swept by DET.

It does push us back down into the reality zone, and away from “the best team in baseball as is” nonsense.

Will be a race between Indians and Sox to get their players back.   Sox should have the financial resources to blow the Indians out of the water, but only if JR signs off on it.

Cleveland's schedule is absolutely brutal from July 1st to August 12th. If the Sox can tread water, we should be just fine. 

On 6/20/2021 at 3:32 PM, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

The Sox have been completely exposed and embarrassed in this series, and there is no guarantee that Eloy and Robert will be anywhere close to the players they were when they come back...if they come back at all. Is it time to tear things down and get a haul for Lynn and Rodon at the deadline?

Good thing you're not affiliated with the Knee Jerk Reaction or Glass Half Empty clubs. 

Even though Rick Hahn has told us that Eloy and Robert are ahead of schedule and both due back by possibly late July...you are still a pessimist and doubter they are not returning. 

Btw, the Indians W-L record is 14-15 against teams this year above .500. It seems Cleveland plays that same brutal 7 game stretch our Sox just played, starting July 1 with 4 games vs. Houston and then followed by 3 games vs. Tampa Bay. 

We are already in the rebuild and it's going fine. Hahn has the Sox set up to win now and for the next several years. The only thing that could ruin that is TLR. In fact, instead of selling off, the Sox should be Buyers before the trade deadline and go all in!

Finally, after today's game we have the next 7 games at home where we are 27-12. 

26 minutes ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

Good thing you're not affiliated with the Knee Jerk Reaction or Glass Half Empty clubs. 

Even though Rick Hahn has told us that Eloy and Robert are ahead of schedule and both due back by possibly late July...you are still a pessimist and doubter they are not returning. 

Btw, the Indians W-L record is 14-15 against teams this year above .500. It seems Cleveland plays that same brutal 7 game stretch our Sox just played, starting July 1 with 4 games vs. Houston and then followed by 3 games vs. Tampa Bay. 

We are already in the rebuild and it's going fine. Hahn has the Sox set up to win now and for the next several years. The only thing that could ruin that is TLR. In fact, instead of selling off, the Sox should be Buyers before the trade deadline and go all in!

Finally, after today's game we have the next 7 games at home where we are 27-12. 

Cleveland's 14-15 against teams above .500 is better than the Sox' record of 10-19. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Cleveland's 14-15 against teams above .500 is better than the Sox' record of 10-19. 

Yes, but here is the good news, going into today's 2nd Pittsburg game we are 27-10 against teams under .500. We have 43 of 89 games left in the season against teams currently under .500. Don't forget once we get Kopech back soon and Robert and Eloy also back, we should be fine playing in one of the weakest divisions in baseball. 

1. The 2010 Giants went 4-12 at one point in late June of that year.
  2. The 2011 Cards went 11-15 in June.
  3. The 2012 Giants went 2-8 in late June-early July, and later in July went 1-7.
  4. The 2013 Red Sox went 4-8 at one point in August.
  5. The 2014 Giants went 22-30 over the entire months of June and July.
  6. The 2015 Royals went 2-9 in late May / early June.
  7. The 2016 Cubs went 1-9 in early July, and had a losing record that month.
  8. The 2017 Astros, Cheating and all, went 11-17 in August.
  9. The 2018 Red Sox, a 108 win team, had a 4-7 stretch in August.
  10. The 2019 Nationals had an 11-14 April and a 3-7 stretch in July.

Every team will lose 7 out of 11, 8 of 10, a few in a row. 

I'm concerned too, but the fact that we're this good with this many injuries is astounding.

Fully healthy, entering this season, I had this team winning 89-93 games. I considered myself an optimist.

Even after a 5 game losing streak we are on pace for 99...

We will have bad stretches. It is how we make adjustments to those that dictate what we're able to do later this season.

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2021 at 12:39 PM, Greg Hibbard said:
  1. The 2010 Giants went 4-12 at one point in late June of that year.
  2. The 2011 Cards went 11-15 in June.
  3. The 2012 Giants went 2-8 in late June-early July, and later in July went 1-7.
  4. The 2013 Red Sox went 4-8 at one point in August.
  5. The 2014 Giants went 22-30 over the entire months of June and July.
  6. The 2015 Royals went 2-9 in late May / early June.
  7. The 2016 Cubs went 1-9 in early July, and had a losing record that month.
  8. The 2017 Astros, Cheating and all, went 11-17 in August.
  9. The 2018 Red Sox, a 108 win team, had a 4-7 stretch in August.
  10. The 2019 Nationals had an 11-14 April and a 3-7 stretch in July.

Every team will lose 7 out of 11, 8 of 10, a few in a row. 

I'm concerned too, but the fact that we're this good with this many injuries is astounding.

Fully healthy, entering this season, I had this team winning 89-93 games. I considered myself an optimist.

Even after a 5 game losing streak we are on pace for 99...

We will have bad stretches. It is how we make adjustments to those that dictate what we're able to do later this season.

This is the most intelligent post on this board!! Thank you!! ANYONE, who knows ANYTHING about baseball knows that all good/great teams go through bad stretches. Not some great teams. ALL of them!!! Pure and simple fact. If you don't know that, you know nothing about this game.  I'll go further than that with your examples. 

The 1927 Yankees lost 4 of 5 to the Indians and Washington Senators. Then later in the year lost 4 in a row, with 3 of those losses to the Indians. Guess the couldn't beat the great 27 Indians. I think after this, they should have traded Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig. You know, start over. 

The 1975 Reds lost 6 out of 7 to the Padres, and their closest pursuers the Dodgers, getting swept in a four game series from them. Then a month later lost 6 in row, including getting swept 4 straight in Philadelphia. And their 6th loss was to the last place Expos. I think after that happening, the smart thing to do would have been to trade Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, Johnny Bench and Tony Perez. Have to admit they would have gotten an awful lot for those guys........The idiocy among some people just blows me away sometimes. 

Edited by Soxsi75
Want
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Soxsi75 said:

This is the most intelligent post on this board!! Thank you!! ANYONE, who knows ANYTHING about baseball knows that all good/great teams go through bad stretches. Not some great teams. ALL of them!!! Pure and simple fact. If you don't know that, you know nothing about this game.  

2005 Astros started 15-31, etc.

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

2005 Astros started 15-31, etc.

Another good example. I added to my post to include the following. 

The 1927 Yankees lost 4 of 5 to the Indians and Washington Senators. Then later in the year lost 4 in a row, with 3 of those losses to the Indians. Guess the couldn't beat the great 27 Indians. I think after this, they should have traded Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig. You know, start over. 

The 1975 Reds lost 6 out of 7 to the Padres, and their closest pursuers the Dodgers, getting swept in a four game series from them. Then a month later lost 6 in row, including getting swept 4 straight in Philadelphia. And their 6th loss was to the last place Expos. I think after that happening, the smart thing to do would have been to trade Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, Johnny Bench and Tony Perez. Have to admit they would have gotten an awful lot for those guys........The idiocy among some people just blows me away sometimes.

34 minutes ago, Soxsi75 said:

Another good example. I added to my post to include the following. 

Not sure the White Sox will have any Hall of Famers from this group, but the point still stands.  Of the players on the current roster, Abreu, Keuchel and perhaps Hendriks if he can keep going for another 4-5 years are closest to at least getting votes.  TA7 would be next over Grandal and Lynn. 

• Like 1