Is it time to rebuild the rebuild?

28 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'm talking about 2020, not the current rotation. Keuchel was lit up, they had no third starter, almost beat Oakland anyway because the team didn't quit.

Mets have lost their entire outfield, their second and third best starters (Syndergaard and Carrasco), and De Grom has been pulled early his last two starts due to injuries, this after coming of a previous DL stint. Tell me where the Sox are at without Rodon, Lynn and Giolito, in addition to losing Robert, Eloy and Engel.

Madrigal is not one of the three most important White Sox players. Hell, he isn't even close to being one of the three most important infielders on the White Sox.

Injuries are "biblical" this season, its impacting most teams.

You're special

They're in first place. You're insinuating that they're 5 under .500 and in 3rd. They got swept by a good team. The 2005 team got swept 4 times . Fucking relax dude

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

You're special

They're in first place. You're insinuating that they're 5 under .500 and in 3rd. They got swept by a good team. The 2005 team got swept 4 times . Fucking relax dude

GFY with your condensing bullshit. I correctly refuted your points. You don’t have the ability to read what’s in front of your face, don’t try to insinuate what I am or am not saying beyond what I wrote. 

The Sox aren’t the only first place team going through important injuries. If you followed and understood the sport you would know this simple fact.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

25 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

GFY with your condensing bullshit. I correctly refuted your points. You don’t have the ability to read what’s in front of your face, don’t try to insinuate what I am or am not saying beyond what I wrote. 

The Sox aren’t the only first place team going through important injuries. If you followed and understood the sport you would know this simple fact.

Condesending = true. Sorry that hurts your feelings that good teams lose 4 games in a row on occasion. For the record You refuted TWO of my many points that I made. I apologize that the Sox got swept. I apologize that a lot of us realize that with Robert, Madrigal and Jimenez the Sox would probably be 20 games over and a 4 game sweep wouldn't be time to trade everyone. So yeah, why don't you GFY instead.

I was jokingly going to make a thread asking if the White Sox were now the worst team in baseball, but I see that someone actually seriously started a similar thread so I'll just let this joker of an idea speak for itself.

I am hoping the OP and others who participated in this thread seriously are just messing around, if not... please, watch a different sport. Baseball is not for you.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Houston is without Kyle Tucker bWAR 2.5 and Alex Bregman, no Verlander this entire season, and their next best pitcher (Valdez) only with five starts on the season.

Cleveland has given away Lindor, Carassco and Clevinger, is without their ace (Bieber) and all other starters except Civale, is without both starting catchers, CF and DH (second best hitter). Yet they are gaining ground on the White Sox.

Mets lost even more, still in first. The Padres have lost a ton of players in the best division in baseball, still right there.

Never heard all of these excuses last season when Eloy was out, they had one good starter, no available third starter for the playoffs. Dusty Baker’s team was ready to play, Tony La Russa’s team was ready to concede. 

No one has lost as much as the White Sox during the season. You're counting Lindor, Carrasco and Clevinger who were literally traded and never relied on by the team this year. This is a Caufield esque comp.

Bregman just got hurt this week lol. Verlander, again, was never being relied on.

The Mets lost even more? Oh my.

• Like 1

So I think the starting point of this post is horrible - in the sense that they are assuming the sky is falling, that said, the principle behind it is not crazy. There are some small to mid-market teams who would look to exploit Rodon and Lynn to add more LT pieces - if the price was right.  I am not advocating it - but for example - I could see a team like the Rays/A's/Indians at the very least listening to offers.  

17 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No one has lost as much as the White Sox during the season. You're counting Lindor, Carrasco and Clevinger who were literally traded and never relied on by the team this year. This is a Caufield esque comp.

Bregman just got hurt this week lol. Verlander, again, was never being relied on.

The lost players have been slightly more impactful for the White Sox, but the Astros have had 60% more games spent on the IL by players than the White Sox. The White Sox have had 471 man-games spent on the IL, the Padres have had 1106.

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/disabled-list/cumulative-team/

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

But the Indians lost one of their catchers!!!!!1!1

36 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

So I think the starting point of this post is horrible - in the sense that they are assuming the sky is falling, that said, the principle behind it is not crazy. There are some small to mid-market teams who would look to exploit Rodon and Lynn to add more LT pieces - if the price was right.  I am not advocating it - but for example - I could see a team like the Rays/A's/Indians at the very least listening to offers.  

And I could see the Sox laughing in their faces

34 minutes ago, pcq said:

Spin rates are down and Sox weak lineup is showing. They were likely over-achieving.

I've been saying for a while the lineup was going to get exposed sooner or later.....not because I'm a genius, but because of course it was. Eloy is a HUGE bat in this lineup. Robert can be incredibly dangerous as well. Losing Nicky can hurt as well. Add in guys like Yermin who are batting like .160 over the last month......the Sox are going to look bad against good teams right now. 

The good news?

1. All they have to do is win the division. October is a long way away and hopefully Eloy and Robert are back healthy, which totally changes the makeup of the team

2. The pitching has been incredible, and hopefully, it continues, and maybe a few new arms are brought in

3. Who knows the issues other teams face from now until October

This team has gotten destroyed by injuries and still had the best record in baseball like 3 days ago. It's fairly incredible. They'll be fine. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

The Sox have been completely exposed and embarrassed in this series, and there is no guarantee that Eloy and Robert will be anywhere close to the players they were when they come back...if they come back at all. Is it time to tear things down and get a haul for Lynn and Rodon at the deadline?

I'm sure this would go over well with the fans, leaders of the clubhouse and everyone else.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

The lost players have been slightly more impactful for the White Sox, but the Astros have had 60% more games spent on the IL by players than the White Sox. The White Sox have had 471 man-games spent on the IL, the Padres have had 1106.

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/disabled-list/cumulative-team/

Yeah, I'm talking impact and accounting for Depth as well. Much of the Astros missed time early was COVID related - Yordan, Correa and etc missed for that.

All in all, until Bregman got hurt the Astros had their core guys together minus Tucker.

Losing 33% of your lineup, and 3 all-star calibar players at that - is not something anyone else is dealing with. Although the Sox have been relatively healthy pitching wise.

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It’s all there in black and white.

“During the season” disqualifies Jimenez already. 

The Dodgers have been without Bellinger, May, Muncy, Knebel and Seager, to name just a few.

What the Indians have done is nothing short of a miracle, considering they trail the Sox in payroll almost to the same extent that the White Sox trail the Dodgers.

Without Naylor, Quantrill, Reyes, Hedges, Miller, etc., for Clevinger, who will miss the entire season for SD, they already would have been dead and buried.

As it stands, they’ve lost 4/5ths of their OD starting rotation (Allen and McKenzie to ineffectiveness).

They’re also without Perez, Luplow, Reyes, etc.   (Not to mention payroll constraints forcing the trades of all those aforementioned names...the one impacting them the most is the loss of Santana at 1B, actually.)

But where would the White Sox be in a similar situation on the pitching front...if you stripped away everyone but Giolito?

The Padres are spending $40 million more, half the gap between the Indians and Sox, and have been absolutely decimated but would be just two games behind the Sox despite the NL West with two of the best teams in baseball (LAD and SFG) in the same division ahead of them.  In fact, the Dodgers aren’t favored against Darvish on the road...first time they were underdogs in a game since 2019. 

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, I'm talking impact and accounting for Depth as well. Much of the Astros missed time early was COVID related - Yordan, Correa and etc missed for that.

All in all, until Bregman got hurt the Astros had their core guys together minus Tucker.

Losing 33% of your lineup, and 3 all-star calibar players at that - is not something anyone else is dealing with. Although the Sox have been relatively healthy pitching wise.

Madrigal is All-Star caliber now?

What is caliBAR?

14 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It’s all there in black and white.

“During the season” disqualifies Jimenez already. 

The Dodgers have been without Bellinger, May, Muncy, Knebel and Seager, to name just a few.

What the Indians have done is nothing short of a miracle, considering they trail the Sox in payroll almost to the same extent that the White Sox trail the Dodgers. 

Without Naylor, Quantrill, Reyes, Hedges, Miller, etc., for Clevinger, who will miss the entire season for SD, they already would have been dead and buried.

As it stands, they’ve lost 4/5ths of their OD starting rotation (Allen and McKenzie to ineffectiveness).

They’re also without Perez, Luplow, Reyes, etc.   (Not to mention payroll constraints forcing the trades of all those aforementioned names...the one impacting them the most is the loss of Santana at 1B, actually.)

But where would the White Sox be in a similar situation on the pitching front...if you stripped away everyone but Giolito?

The Padres are spending $40 million more, half the gap between the Indians and Sox, and have been absolutely decimated but would be just two games behind the Sox despite the NL West with two of the best teams in baseball (LAD and SFG) in the same division ahead of them.  In fact, the Dodgers aren’t favored against Darvish on the road...first time they were underdogs in a game since 2019. 

So now guys who were pitching bad and replaced equal lost due to injury. lol

The Padres are worse than the White Sox despite spending 40 million more. Thanks for clarifying that for us all.

The Indians have a run differential of THREE, so you're right, it is a miracle they are even close to the Sox in the standings. It's called luck, it happens every year to someone.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

4 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

This is exactly the point I was trying to make after Madrigal got injured. 

The Sox farm is pretty barren at the moment and if they have no intention of re-signing either guy they should at least listen. 

Kopech could slide into the rotation once healthy and they wouldn't be missing much. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is exactly the point I was trying to make after Madrigal got injured. 

The Sox farm is pretty barren at the moment and if they have no intention of re-signing either guy they should at least listen. 

Kopech could slide into the rotation once healthy and they wouldn't be missing much. 

Your punting on the season. You can try to squirm around and try to make like it isn't. But trading Rodon and Lynn is punting.