Is it time to rebuild the rebuild?

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

100%.  Selling your two best pitchers while in 1st place is worse than a White Flag trade.

Thing is though and I think most of us know this. Parkman wouldn't mind this. He thinks the season is a lost cause anyway. 

That's just not even operating like a small market. That's being reactionary and acting like an idiot. 

• Like 1

More would have to go terribly wrong to even consider this. Losing like 30 games between now and July 31st, a pitcher other than Rodon and Lynn getting getting hurt for remainder of season, Eloy and Robert to have set backs and not come back at all, another injury to important piece of the lineup, etc.

Basically, not going to happen.

I do find it funny that this thread came from the White Sox fan (non-celebrity fan) with the highest number of followers on Twitter. 

Based on Twitter, he wants the Sox to be buyers. He probably was not serious with this thread. 

18 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I do find it funny that this thread came from the White Sox fan (non-celebrity fan) with the highest number of followers on Twitter. 

Based on Twitter, he wants the Sox to be buyers. He probably was not serious with this thread. 

Wait, you were serious about him having a lot of twitter followers?

No wonder White Sox twitter is a dumpster fire.

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2021 at 3:32 PM, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

The Sox have been completely exposed and embarrassed in this series, and there is no guarantee that Eloy and Robert will be anywhere close to the players they were when they come back...if they come back at all. Is it time to tear things down and get a haul for Lynn and Rodon at the deadline?

I hope you don't take too big of an offense to this, because it's nothing personal, but this is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. Please don't respond to my post on this, because I'm not going to justify and explain why this is ridiculous. Do yourself a favor and just delete this post. 

Edited by Soxsi75

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So now guys who were pitching bad and replaced equal lost due to injury. lol

The Padres are worse than the White Sox despite spending 40 million more. Thanks for clarifying that for us all.

The Indians have a run differential of THREE, so you're right, it is a miracle they are even close to the Sox in the standings. It's called luck, it happens every year to someone.

So you define good and bad only by win/loss record without considering strength of opponents?  

The White Sox, then, are worse than the Giants and Dodgers...?   Comparing the NL West with the AL Central is not very instructive.  The West is currently on track to have three playoff teams, with LAD and SDP playing in a single elimination wild card game.

At any rate, every  year for the past eleven seasons, the Indians and Twins and previously Tigers and Royals were just luckier than the Sox apparently.  So tired about hearing this “good/bad” luck argument when we are consistently out managed with superior talent over the last two decades, with the obvious exception of 2005.

Plesac and Bieber were certainly not pitching badly.

And, if the White Sox can win four out of seven (a full NLCS or World Series) against the Dodgers, happy to retract.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So you define good and bad only by win/loss record without considering strength of opponents?  

The White Sox, then, are worse than the Giants and Dodgers...?   Comparing the NL West with the AL Central is not very instructive.  The West is currently on track to have three playoff teams, with LAD and SDP playing in a single elimination wild card game.

At any rate, every  year for the past eleven seasons, the Indians and Twins and previously Tigers and Royals were just luckier than the Sox apparently.  So tired about hearing this “good/bad” luck argument when we are consistently out managed with superior talent over the last two decades, with the obvious exception of 2005.

Plesac and Bieber were certainly not pitching badly.

And, if the White Sox can win four out of seven (a full NLCS or World Series) against the Dodgers, happy to retract.

Literally nothing that happened in the past years matters when analyzing this years results, where the Indians have a +3 Run Differential this year and are 9 games over .500.

If you think that is sustainable then ok... I guess. Again, the past two decades are entirely irrelevant when assessing this year.

40 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Literally nothing that happened in the past years matters when analyzing this years results, where the Indians have a +3 Run Differential this year and are 9 games over .500.

If you think that is sustainable then ok... I guess. Again, the past two decades are entirely irrelevant when assessing this year.

Yes, so what is it called when teams like the A's or Indians consistently outperform their predicted performance...this has nothing to do with their managers, front offices or organizational philosophies? 

59 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yes, so what is it called when teams like the A's or Indians consistently outperform their predicted performance...this has nothing to do with their managers, front offices or organizational philosophies? 

Uh, they don't. Lets use 2019 as an example,

Cleveland was 93-69 and their expected py record was 93-69

Oakland was 97-65 and their expected pyth record was 97-65 

Lol can't even make that up. 

In 2018 Cleveland won 91 games, their pyth record was 98-64

In 2018, Oakland won 97 games and their pyth win total was 95.

In 2017 Cleveland underperformed their expected wins by 6 wins despite winning 102 games.

Literally nothing you said is true. Cleveland has been lucky this year. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And anyone in MLB can win 4 out of 7 vs any other team. Jaysus

Which team has been the best in baseball since 2013?  Dodgers or Astros?   Cubs?   Yankees?   Red Sox? 

Let me know when we start dominating them in head to head series on a consistent basis. 

Right now, the Padres' second and third string on the Indians (Reyes/Naylor/Quantrill/Hedges) is giving a team led by Rodon and Lynn and their historic numbers a strong challenge. 

Edited by caulfield12

15 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

They're gaining ground on the Sox because the Sox just played 2 of the best teams in baseball and lost 5/7 while the Indians just had the benefit of playing 2 of the worst teams in baseball and won 5/7. 

No available third starter for the playoffs? What does that even mean? Let's assume you mean Kopech. It's 6/21. I'd bet you my life savings he's back by 10/1. Even if not, they'd STILL have a third starter for the playoffs (Rodon).

Mets and Padres may have lost more guys than the Sox, but I'm not so sure the 3 that the Sox lost are less important to the Sox than anyone else that NYM or SD may have lost. Oh, and Cleveland has been "without their ace (Bauer)" for about 680 days now.

5 days ago you were probably stoked by the Sox performance. Now you want everyone dealt because they got swept by a good team. Take a breather

The fair weather fans are out before July 1st.  

27 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Which team has been the best in baseball since 2013?  Dodgers or Astros?   Cubs?   Yankees?   Red Sox? 

Let me know when we start dominating them in head to head series on a consistent basis. 

Right now, the Padres' second and third string on the Indians (Reyes/Naylor/Quantrill/Hedges) is giving a team led by Rodon and Lynn and their historic numbers a strong challenge. 

Keep moving those goal posts caufield. 

18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Keep moving those goal posts caufield. 

Yes, the Tigers swept the Yankees. The Dodgers lost 15/20...the Rays are also struggling to score runs, thus the Franco promotion.  

We'll see if the White Sox put their money where their mouth is and take advantage of this season with Lynn and Rodon or just keep waiting until next year. 

It's probably a good thing the Indians are nipping on their heels.  Backing onto the playoffs or resting regulars is an easy way to get caught flat footed. 

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Yes, the Tigers swept the Yankees. The Dodgers lost 15/20...the Rays are also struggling to score runs, thus the Franco promotion.  

We'll see if the White Sox put their money where their mouth is and take advantage of this season with Lynn and Rodon or just keep waiting until next year. 

It's probably a good thing the Indians are nipping on their heels.  Backing onto the playoffs or resting regulars is an easy way to get caught flat footed. 

It's June, nobody is worried about backing into the playoffs right now or resting regulars 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

It's June, nobody is worried about backing into the playoffs right now or resting regulars 

Well, there’s that rule...like at 32-15 last year or just four games ago....when we get at or close to the top of MLB, the bottom seems to fall out.

Hard to imagine a 3-10 stretch with this schedule, but stranger things have happened and Pittsburgh is no patsy at home.  They played the Indians really tough last week.

I will say this.....if some of the Sox SP take a step back with the enforcement of the sticky stuff, this could get ugly in a hurry. 

Given what's going on with Lynn's spin rates, I doubt he'd have much value on the market anyway. 

Rodon otoh......

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I will say this.....if some of the Sox SP take a step back with the enforcement of the sticky stuff, this could get ugly in a hurry. 

Given what's going on with Lynn's spin rates, I doubt he'd have much value on the market anyway. 

Rodon otoh......

"ugly in a hurry"

🙄