6/22: Chicago White Sox @ Pittsburgh 6:05 PM CDT

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

And Yermin is third, what does that to do with the fact that Grandal and Yermin have done shit the past recently like the rest of the core starters.

Tony started his ass 19 times in the top 5 spots and he has done dick, because he is challenged by pitchers and either strikes out looking or grounds meekly into the shift.

Take it back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Your opinion is not supported by facts. It’s your feelings that have been exposed, not Lucas’. 

Win probability determines the better chance at winning. A starting pitchers success has a far greater impact than a couple of at bats at the bottom of a lineup.

When there are bad moves, such as bunting, hit and run, using your worst pitchers in high leverage situations, to not shifting your defense to hitter tendencies, the things Tony’s “gut” tells him to do, than I am critical because it lowers the teams win probability.

Catching Collins with Giolito and Rodon increases the team’s probability, and in this instance I credit Tony, and or Katz, for making the smart decision.

Perhaps Hahn should have considered Grandal’s ability to, I don’t know, catch a baseball, or work with pitchers, or call a game, before plopping down $76M on a guy that is limited to “cheating umpires”  and gathering a bunch of empty walks at the bottom of the lineup, becoming a LOB because pitchers just pitch around him to face Leury.

You can’t hit Grandal at the top of the lineup, because he won’t come close to walking at those rates with pitchers actually challenging him. He will ground into even more DPs, and clog the bases the rare times he does reach.

You mad bro? Tell us how much Yaz sucks!

• Like 2