Adam Engel Back to the IL - Hamstring

DirtySox

Just now, raBBit said:

This is unbelieveable.

I know ptatc was very curious of how Engel had repeat setbacks. To see this again...

The injuries have gotten out of control this year. At what point do we seriously start to question the training staff? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Engel being brought off the IL never made sense, as they said he was still in pain.  His running also looked very odd.

They said at the update in early May that he would be shut down from all baseball activities until June. His rehab stint started on about May 22, so it was pretty clear they were gambling by pushing him.

11 minutes ago, raBBit said:

This is unbelieveable.

I know ptatc was very curious of how Engel had repeat setbacks. To see this again...

Yep. This is the problem with the severe midsubstance muscle tears. It is why I say that Robert will probably be back bit it is also the one that worries me the most.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

They should have sucked it up and brought in someone from outside back in early May. Then they would at least have had another warm body so as to not rush Engel so much.

Yeah the trade market is always flush with great options in early May. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, SoxFanForever said:

Jerry can't afford that!

Then the other option really is a white flag on the season, which a team with a decent lead in the division shouldn't do.

This kind of gaping hole, where you're playing true AA and AAA players in several positions, will eventually cost the white sox the division if they don't at least plug it partially.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

The injuries have gotten out of control this year. At what point do we seriously start to question the training staff? 

Medicine is a practice not an exact science. The staff seemed to be handling it properly without letting him play on consecutive days and really restricting his activity. It may just be that he had a severe injury and really needs to take more time off but the team really needs him so they are pushing it.

Edited by ptatc
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Then the other option really is a white flag on the season, which a team with a decent lead in the division shouldn't do.

This kind of gaping hole, where you're playing true AA and AAA players in several positions, will eventually cost the white sox the division if they don't at least plug it partially.

The reason not to do a white flag is they will get Jimenez back and probably Robert. As well as Kopech into a more significant role.