Adam Engel Back to the IL - Hamstring

DirtySox

14 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

This organization sucks.  After years of suffering through a rebuild we are left with a weak ass roster because of the lack of depth.

I mean, at this point you're beyond depth. They acquired high end talent in their trades to rebuild instead of multiple pieces risking duds and failures from all aspects. You can argue which method is better, but there's not really organizations that can suffer the amount of position players injuries the Sox have and have viable replacements. The Sox are on their 7-9 outfielders, and their 6-7+ infielders at this point.

They need to make a move for an outfielder badly. Mendick can hold down 2nd base.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I didn't know that Goodwin was considered such a bad defensive centerfielder. Would Leury be better, and could Goodwin be ok in RF?

Yea Goodwin would be fine in LF or RF . He's not Engel out there but he also isn't Vaughn or Lamb bad since he is much faster than those 2.

Couldn't have imagined March 15th Andrew Vaughn would lead the team in OF games played, and Hamilton and Lamb who weren't even in ST camp as NRIs would be 4th and 6th, respectively.

Never an outfielder as of 3/15/21

Not on the White Sox 3/15/21

Outfield Games Played

• Vaughn 54
  • Eaton 52
  • Garcia 41
  • Hamilton 35
  • Robert 25
  • Lamb 20
  • Engel 9
  • Goodwin 8
  • Williams 3
  • Gonzalez 1

For those blaming the White Sox trainers, this is a leaguewide phenomenon. 

10 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I think the board was pretty split on if they should sign another corner bat that could play LF and RF with the idea you could give Vaughn more time in the minors and rotate Eloy between DH and LF. But yeah no one saw this many guys going down. It is a crazy amount of injuries honestly.

I could see having add a higher level OF than Eaton for sure, but like I said, you aren't capable of keeping OFs 7 MLB caliber players deep.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Quin said:

Fuck it. Call up Adolfo. I don't care how bad an idea it is.

At least there is some semblance of upside there.  There is none with Gonzalez.  But obviously Gonzalez got the call with the ability to play CF.  But you have Leury and Goodwin covering CF...how often is he actually going to play?  I get we have a full 40 man, but anyone seems like a better option than Gonzalez.  

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I mean, at this point you're beyond depth. They acquired high end talent in their trades to rebuild instead of multiple pieces risking duds and failures from all aspects. You can argue which method is better, but there's not really organizations that can suffer the amount of position players injuries the Sox have and have viable replacements. The Sox are on their 7-9 outfielders, and their 6-7+ infielders at this point.

They need to make a move for an outfielder badly. Mendick can hold down 2nd base.

100%.   As has been stated like a broken record, there is no depth that gets you by while losing Eloy and Robert.  

The Sox have been getting by on great starting pitching and the offense was being carried for a good part of the year by a 28 year old Rookie DH who has been terrible for almost 2 months now. 

a) rather than looking for ASG votes,  TA, Moncada, Abreu, and Grandal need to start earning their pay.  Carry this offense until hopefully Eloy gets back and perhaps Vaughn's lightbulb finally stays lit consistently 

b) bullpen needs to step up in a big way.   No more squandering late leads 

c) Hahn needs to get off his ass and get aggressive.   Convince JR to take on salary so he can make a trade with the limited prospect resources he has. 

• Like 1

Who knew, The Bad News Bears was a little prophetic.

Cleveland: I just get an eight count here.

White Sox Manager: I know. I know. But, it's okay. I've got the whole thing figured out. Now, this is what I do. I take my two outfielders, Henry and Thor, I play them in right and left center.

Cleveland: Oh, you stop it! You're embarrassing yourself!

White Sox Manager: Look, three of my White Sox have got the flu. I've got a god damn little Jesus freak in Bakersfield at a revival meeting!

Cleveland: I am sorry. I am sorry.

White Sox Manager: I've only got eight players!

Cleveland: I am sorry! The White Sox are gonna have for forfeit the game. It's a forfeit! It's a forfeit. The White Sox are forfeiting.

2 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

c) Hahn needs to get off his ass and get aggressive.   Convince JR to take on salary so he can make a trade with the limited prospect resources he has. 

Tony should be in that office, too.  JR hired him to win a championship and there's no way Tony feels they can maintain their winning ways with this patchwork lineup.  I think his lineups in Houston tell you all you need to know about how he's feeling about this current group of hitters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Then the other option really is a white flag on the season, which a team with a decent lead in the division shouldn't do.

This kind of gaping hole, where you're playing true AA and AAA players in several positions, will eventually cost the white sox the division if they don't at least plug it partially.

Isn’t the idea to win our division? We are two games up. Overpaying for a trade pickup is simply a panic move. I am thinking that a beneficial and sensible trade will be made shortly 

26 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Tony should be in that office, too.  JR hired him to win a championship and there's no way Tony feels they can maintain their winning ways with this patchwork lineup.  I think his lineups in Houston tell you all you need to know about how he's feeling about this current group of hitters.

Trust that Tony has been telling Reinsdorf they need to acquire reinforcements for a while now. 

Sox will make moves by 7/30. At least one bat and a reliever. Hopefully the Sox take on some money to ease the return. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Trust that Tony has been telling Reinsdorf they need to acquire reinforcements for a while now. 

Sox will make moves by 7/30. At least one bat and a reliever. Hopefully the Sox take on some money to ease the return. 

The current lineup could dig quite a deep hole in a 5 week period.  They need help as soon as possible IMO.  Bring Burger up to replace Mercedes can happen now.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

The current lineup could dig quite a deep hole in a 5 week period.  They need help as soon as possible IMO.  Bring Burger up to replace Mercedes can happen now.  

The Sox haven't been shy about bringing players to the big leagues. It's possible they think Burger and Sheets have more trade value in the minors, and that a major league stint would hurt their value. I can easily see those 2 players included in trades. 

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The Sox haven't been shy about bringing players to the big leagues. It's possible they think Burger and Sheets have more trade value in the minors, and that a major league stint would hurt their value. I can easily see those 2 players included in trades. 

True...but with our current DH problem I would give Burger a shot,  Burger has a higher value to us than anyone else would be my guess.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, poppysox said:

True...but with our current DH problem I would give Burger a shot,  Burger has a higher value to us than anyone else would be my guess.

Who knows tbh. He is putting up good numbers in AAA. He is blocked here by Yoan. There might be another team that views him and a legitimate 3rd base prospect. His production after so much time off is really impressive.