Lynn hires new agency

southsider2k5

Beyond some below market rate extension, which Lynn had no reason to agree to, it made sense for other sides to let things play out.

Can Lynn remain healthy and effective all year? Can he keep his spin rates up, or will they be down like last game?

For the Sox, will JR keep payroll as is? They have already committed a lot to veterans through 2023 (Keuchel assuming he vests, Grandal, Hendriks).

I don’t see money for Lynn long term without a substantial payroll increase. Between Rona and the CBA, there was no way the Sox can know how both pan out until after the season. I’d rather pay to keep the younger core, which is why I prefer keeping the top prospects and extending players like Tim and Lucas, or trying to keep Rodon.

45 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Probably true. Didn't Moncada or someone fire their agent though so they could extend with the Sox?

If I remember correctly, he changed representation on the advice of Odrisamer Despaigne....that crazy ass "I don't like to warm up" pitcher will always have a soft spot in my Palehose heart.

2 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Probably true. Didn't Moncada or someone fire their agent though so they could extend with the Sox?

Moncada dropped his initial agent (Hastings) that signed his initial deal with Boston and got him to the states.. Hastings wouldn't have agreed to the extension Moncada signed. That said, I don't think there is any evidence that Moncada fired his agent because of an extension agreement specifically. I could be wrong but I've never seen/heard of that evidence.  

On 6/22/2021 at 5:47 PM, elrockinMT said:

I think we should be discussing contracts with Rodon and Lynn. Pitching wins games 

I was all for extending extending Rodon to a cheap deal full of team options a couple years ago when he was recovering from injury.   Posted about it a lot with a lot of people telling me I am crazy.  Would have worked out pretty damn well for the Sox.  

Now?  Extending Rodon would be crazy.  He won't be cheap and chances he is both i) this good; and 2) healthy, are remote.

Lynn on the other hand?  He'll be 35 right after OD next year and is heading into an offseason with some uncertainties with the CBA.  I'd be all over trying to get him to sign a similar deal to what he signed in TEX.  3/$30M won't get it done, but maybe something more like $12-13M AAV over the same term would?  Probably not, but Hahn should be trying.  

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I was all for extending extending Rodon to a cheap deal full of team options a couple years ago when he was recovering from injury.   Posted about it a lot with a lot of people telling me I am crazy.  Would have worked out pretty damn well for the Sox.  

Now?  Extending Rodon would be crazy.  He won't be cheap and chances he is both i) this good; and 2) healthy, are remote.

Lynn on the other hand?  He'll be 35 right after OD next year and is heading into an offseason with some uncertainties with the CBA.  I'd be all over trying to get him to sign a similar deal to what he signed in TEX.  3/$30M won't get it done, but maybe something more like $12-13M AAV over the same term would?  Probably not, but Hahn should be trying.  

I expect a 3/60 for lynn and some team giving Rodon a 4/60 (assuming he keeps it up).

16 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I expect a 3/60 for lynn and some team giving Rodon a 4/60 (assuming he keeps it up).

I am waiting until the end of the season to negotiate  with Lynn.  I want to see if the spin rate loss is a real thing and if it changes who he is as a pitcher. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Not a chance.

Bauer got something like $40+m AAV over the off-season last year ( he will opt out of the 3rd year obviously).

Rodon is better than he is.  Hard Carl will be getting paid like a muhfukka.