wish larussa would do s%*# like this

harkness99

8 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I don’t think conduct like that accomplished anything. It isn’t going to change the call

no one thinks any calls are getting changed.

its about showing your players you will stand up for them and not allow them to get it up the ass without a peep.

Also in every sport... working the officials is a skill.

Edited by harkness99

14 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I don’t think conduct like that accomplished anything. It isn’t going to change the call

Yes, this is a classic case of a topic where there’s going to be a disconnect between managers and fans.

Fans love this stuff because it entertains them.

But the actual effect it has on a team’s winning percentage and odds of achieving their goals is probably nil.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Yes, this is a classic case of a topic where there’s going to be a disconnect between managers and fans.

But the actual effect it has on a team’s winning percentage and odds of achieving their goals is probably nil.

yeah boone is doing that for the fans... phil jackson working the refs was for the fans...

Bill belecheck complaining about the calls was for the fans.

yeah not really.

measuring the effect.. yeah maybe its miniscule... but id argue most great coaches stick up for their players getting fucked by the refs.

Edited by harkness99
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

It's for the fans, it's for the players, it's part of the ritual that is Baseball.  Prolly more effective in basketball, though, in that it can intimidate the refs over a period of time.  Coach K in fake outrage can have that effect on carpet salesman moonlighting as zebras.  MLB umps?  No way.

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Does Larussa know Collins bats left handed?  I still have a feeling he has no fucking idea who his players are.  What percentage of Collins' starts are vs a left hander?  70%?

Collins' starts are based on who is pitching for the Sox, not for the other team. It's just an unfortunate coincidence that the majority of times Giolito and Rodon start, a lefty is starting for the other team.

• Like 1

I am still waiting to be blown away by these awesome strategic manager moves that Tony is supposed to be giving us.  I was happy to see him hit the obvious one last night with how he handled Collins/Yas, but the bullpen management has been scary.  It has just completely collapsed under him this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

It's for the fans, it's for the players, it's part of the ritual that is Baseball.  Prolly more effective in basketball, though, in that it can intimidate the refs over a period of time.  Coach K in fake outrage can have that effect on carpet salesman moonlighting as zebras.  MLB umps?  No way.

silly to think that coaches have no effect on officials...

i guess you never saw bobby knight coach.

plus its about showing the team you will fight for them.. regardless if it has any measurable effect on the outcome of calls.

Edited by harkness99

1 hour ago, harkness99 said:

silly to think that coaches have no effect on officials...

i guess you never saw bobby knight coach.

plus its about showing the team you will fight for them.. regardless if it has any measurable effect on the outcome of calls.

I'm not disagreeing.

• Like 1