Sox @ Pirates, 6/23, 11:35 CT

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The touted improvements in being “prepared to play”, the details such as fielding responsibilities and fundamentals that Tony and his coaching staff (increased from Ricky’s staff by at least two) were “supposed to improve” have not been in evidence.

The Sox lead the league in errors, even regulars such have Tim and Yoan have been sloppy out there lately, with Jose, Vaughn and Billy Hamilton the three exceptions.

Lots of airmailed balls from the OF, some by Eaton were absolutely brutal. The team also needs to improve focus at the plate. The past five games have been brutal in terms of the collective approach, swing at the first pitch, continued flailing away at pitches down and out by Jose, Andrew, Yermin.

The team has looked like they are the final hour on the clock on a supermarket shift, and just want to get the fuck outta there. This is what needs to improve, regardless of who is playing.

This kind of happens when your top 5 OF are on the IL.

2 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

Luis Gonzalez getting a start hitting 8th today in LF...isn't he currently the best CF option? Man, I wish Sheets got the call.

Anderson SS

Moncada 3B

Abreu 1B

Lamb RF

Grandal C

Goodwin CF

Garcia 2B

Gonzalez LF

Cease P

About as good as it's going to get until reinforcements arrive.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Outside of Garcia starting at 2b, which is actually one of his natural positions, what is wrong with the IF and battery?

The sloppy play from the weekend, the rundown, Moncada's throws, and then the dropped ball Sunday, though that should have been called by Lamb. Moncada's drifting into others the entire season.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

2 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

Luis Gonzalez getting a start hitting 8th today in LF...isn't he currently the best CF option? Man, I wish Sheets got the call.

Anderson SS

Moncada 3B

Abreu 1B

Lamb RF

Grandal C

Goodwin CF

Garcia 2B

Gonzalez LF

Cease P

Predicting a big day from the G-string 5 thru 8. 

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The sloppy play from the weekend, the rundown, Moncada's throws, and then the dropped ball Sunday, though that should have been called by Lamb. Moncada's drifting into others the entire season.

So who are you putting in the line up instead?  You going with the Garcia at 3rd Mendick at 2nd?  I can't really say that makes it better.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

So who are you putting in the line up instead?  You going with the Garcia at 3rd Mendick at 2nd?  I can't really say that makes it better.

Moncada should have the ability to move to second and Lamb/Burger play third but I am guessing that Moncada would not adjust well to that move.