Sox @ Pirates, 6/23, 11:35 CT

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Moncada should have the ability to move to second and Lamb/Burger play third but I am guessing that Moncada would not adjust well to that move.

Other teams seem to move athletic guys around no problem but yeah I would guess most can't do that.

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

At this point is in a downgrade at third base?  A month ago I would have agreed.  

Moncada has the physical talent to play second base. 

Mendick and Garcia are both much better 2bs and Moncada is BY FAR the best 3b on this roster.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So who are you putting in the line up instead?  You going with the Garcia at 3rd Mendick at 2nd?  I can't really say that makes it better.

Agreed, beyond of what should be a day or two off per month (same with Tim and Abreu), they are the best options. Teams will get beat, it's baseball, but the team this streak has been lethargic and sloppy beyond a few efforts like Rodon and Lucas.

When everyone returns, and Tony feels more comfortable giving the infield core a day or two off, without having to play banged up or ill like Yoan and Jose, hopefully communication will improve. Still need to drill the OFers to hit the cutoff. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yas can't count strikes.

I think he was confused because the first pitch was called a ball despite being right in the zone, but he assumed it was too obvious for the umpire to demonstratively call it a strike

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Agreed, beyond of what should be a day or two off per month (same with Tim and Abreu), they are the best options. Teams will get beat, it's baseball, but the team this streak has been lethargic and sloppy beyond a few efforts like Rodon and Lucas.

When everyone returns, and Tony feels more comfortable giving the infield core a day or two off, without having to play banged up or ill like Yoan and Jose, hopefully communication will improve. Still need to drill the OFers to hit the cutoff. 

You have taken a TON of A+ talent out of this line up, and you have a lot of talent that didn't have jobs as of a few months ago.  It isn't a surprise me to me that the guys who look like they are doing too much at times, and not enough at others.