Sox @ Pirates, 6/23, 11:35 CT

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Dylan Cease = Javy Vazquez 

I once heard someone say that almost every scout that attended a Javy Vazquez start would say the same kinda thing....boy he's got good stuff...great stuff...terrific stuff...hey when did they score 6 runs off him??

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

If Cease finishes this season ok I'd totally sell him to some sucker GM that thinks he's turned a corner. 

So, next year's guaranteed rotation is Giolito and Keuchel, then an undependable Kopech, and we have two free agents after the year with Rodon and Lynn.

I don't see them moving Cease.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I once heard someone say that almost every scout that attended a Javy Vazquez start would say the same kinda thing....boy he's got good stuff...great stuff...terrific stuff...hey when did they score 6 runs off him??

Exactly how I feel about Cease.   The stuff is out of this world, yet he can't avoid that meltdown inning.

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

So, next year's guaranteed rotation is Giolito and Keuchel, then an undependable Kopech, and we have two free agents after the year with Rodon and Lynn.

I don't see them moving Cease.

Cease is unreliable, I'd like them to move him for someone more reliable. 

Just now, DirtySox said:

Wow. Is this game as bad as the game-thread is making it sound? Or is this just typical game-thread misery enhanced by the losing streak?

Bad error led to 2 runs, otherwise Cease has been fine. So typical game thread misery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, almagest said:

Bad error led to 2 runs, otherwise Cease has been fine. So typical game thread misery.

Thank you. I checked the score after reading the thread. Was surprised it was actually a tie game based off the reactions here.

Edited by DirtySox

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Cease is unreliable, I'd like them to move him for someone more reliable. 

ERA+ of 110 in 2020, ERA+ of 105 coming into today in 2021. Someone who's young, affordable and above league average the last two years, I guess I don't see the impetus for us to move him at all.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Anyone who is willing to have a little fun fits well with Jason.  He has kind of a goofy personality, almost like he knows he is the luckiest guy on earth to be doing his job, so he lives it up every second.  A guy who is too serious or full of himself doesn't work with that.  Frank is Jason's equal for loving life.  This pair really could do this 150 times a year.

You nailed it - the two of them together sound like 2 people just playing with house money and having a blast. Guys that really appreciate how lucky and blessed they are to do what they do and they genuinely seem to just have dynamic chemistry.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

These are the greatest takes of all.  I would like to move our players who suck for players who don't suck.

"Hey, Rick Hahn here.  I got some guys I am trying to unload...what have you got for me?"