Sox @ Pirates, 6/23, 11:35 CT

Has anyone here been to PNC park?  When I was at the Sox game this year with my son I mentioned traveling to watch the Sox on the road and he thought that was a great idea.  Trying to figure out the best stadiums/cities to plan on for a short trip.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

There is zero chance with the way this roster is made up, that I am trading Dylan Cease, without it being an insanely unbalanced deal.  He comes with long term and cheap control and an 80 arm.  If you deal him, you are giving away something big.

I just don't see it. I see him as someone who will continue to be frustratingly mediocre. 

Frank is great.  Frank is also a really cool guy.  Jason is such an insufferable dork and with Stoney, Stoney just lets him dork out.  But with Frank there it's almost like Jason knows he can't act like such a dork because it'll be so obvious.  It's like Jason has upped his maturity level quite a bit just because Frank is sitting there next to him.

I also really like hearing Frank root for the team, also without sounding like a total dork.  Frank is a good homer Sox fan.

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

Has anyone here been to PNC park?  When I was at the Sox game this year with my son I mentioned traveling to watch the Sox on the road and he thought that was a great idea.  Trying to figure out the best stadiums/cities to plan on for a short trip.

I'm there now

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Frank is great.  Frank is also a really cool guy.  Jason is such an insufferable dork and with Stoney, Stoney just lets him dork out.  But with Frank there it's almost like Jason knows he can't act like such a dork because it'll be so obvious.  It's like Jason has upped his maturity level quite a bit just because Frank is sitting there next to him.

I also really like hearing Frank root for the team, also without sounding like a total dork.  Frank is a good homer Sox fan.

The conversation where Frank jokingly said that Jason would be too good to show up if Frank invited him out was hysterical as Jason talked about his 10 year old self traveling in time to punch him in the face if he ever stood up Frank Thomas.

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

PNC is a fantastic park and great place to watch the game. Plus, when the Pirates are terrible, as they usually are, you can get great seats cheap. There's a small entertainment district right by the park to get food and drinks, I can't speak to kid friendly places but I'm sure there's something. I highly recommend a trip to PNC.

2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Frank is much better in the booth than on the idiot post-game show. If he replaced Stone, that would be fine with me.