6/23 Games

BamaDoc

26 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

This thread has taken an odd turn. 

Micker (along with a bunch of other prospects) starts heating up, hits a walk off. Yoelqui is playing. The Future Sox game threads are usually sober and fun.

Instead: Rick Hahn, the man who built a team currently in first place that's just experiencing their first slump due to an ungodly amount of injuries is apparently a bum because he doesn't recognize talent in the farm system ... that he (and obviously Getz, Shirley, Hostetler, Paddy, etc.) put in place.

Oy.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

11 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

Since Ron took a beating with all teams losing and we are thirty minutes to game time, I return!

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/stats/affiliates?teamId=145&date=06/23/2021

https://www.milb.com/scores/chicago-white-sox/2021-06-23

Go Sox!

Good job today and every day. 4 for 4 in wins and Burger 4/5 2b HR and 2 RBI and a .920 OPS !

He might have catapulted himself to our #1 prospect with his showing so far .

52 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Good job today and every day. 4 for 4 in wins and Burger 4/5 2b HR and 2 RBI and a .920 OPS !

He might have catapulted himself to our #1 prospect with his showing so far .

He did OK today. Nothing spectacular. 

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes, everyone hits in Charlotte, but you have to give it up to Jake Burger. Basically 3 years without playing, goes to AAA and mashes. Good for us. but more  importantly, good for him.

It’s an amazing story.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes, everyone hits in Charlotte, but you have to give it up to Jake Burger. Basically 3 years without playing, goes to AAA and mashes. Good for us. but more  importantly, good for him.

Good for White Sox.  Good thing they protected him by putting him on the 40 man roster.  I'm sure it was not a slam dunk decision.

23 minutes ago, raBBit said:

image.png

Burger has obviously done a lot more against lefties but he has also done more of his damage on the road which is nice. 

I would absolutely take a .730 OPS at second base at this point.

38 minutes ago, almagest said:

I would absolutely take a .730 OPS at second base at this point.

I mean he should probably just be the DH against LHP at this point. Mercedes has options. He's not going to figure it out playing sparingly in the MLB and he shouldn't be playing every day.

18 hours ago, runtheballdown said:

Burger was a top notch hockey player at Christian Brothers high school in St. Louis. Top high school program in St. Louis. The point is that he’s a tough guy who won’t quit and a good athlete. 

he hit against a couple of pitchers tonight who are pretty good and he lit them up AND played second base. 

hahn doesn’t have the guts or backing to bring burger and sheets up when half the lineup is missing. 

And  who drafted such a great asset? Lol bruh