Sign in to follow this  
BamaDoc

6/23 Games

Yoelki walk, run

Jose "Popeye" Rodriguez laces a double down the LF line in his first AB.

Cespedes gets his first minor league hit with a single.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Jose "Popeye" Rodriguez laces a double down the LF line in his first AB.

7 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

Since Ron took a beating with all teams losing and we are thirty minutes to game time, I return!

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/stats/affiliates?teamId=145&date=06/23/2021

https://www.milb.com/scores/chicago-white-sox/2021-06-23

Go Sox!

Despite those L's, we had some big time production out of top prospects yesterday. Tonight better be fucking good bamadoc!!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

In case anyone was wondering, they are definitely checking pitchers in the minors for foreign substances between innings as well. Just saw it in Kanny.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

In case anyone was wondering, they are definitely checking pitchers in the minors for foreign substances between innings as well. Just saw it in Kanny.

I just can’t get over how fucking dumb this all is.

It's fun what Burger has shown this year. Leadoff single in the second and scores from first on a hilarious error in CF. He's at 2B tonight 

9 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Lenyn Sosa HR.

Good for him. 

It took until yesterday for me to realize “huh I guess no AZL/DSL this year”. Hadn’t realized we were into June. Maybe AZL starts post draft?

I guess AZL starts in 4 days?

Cespedes & Yogurt both 2-2 on the night.

Wish Bryce Bush was not missing in action as the Dash would actually have a semi-interesting lineup.

RBI 2B for Burger, Sheets at least looks fast when he runs

Burger 3-3, OPS up to .900 now. Great to see. I wonder how he's looked at 2B. 

The Sox need hitters and there’s no reason not to bring up sheets and burger to give them a shot for the games before the all star break and maybe beyond. The Sox are missing four outfielders and don’t have a second baseman. They currently can compete with a team that hits a little. Sooner or later their pitching will hit a wall and the hitters will have to pull their load. 

give these kids a shot until Eloy Engle and robert come back. What is Hahn waiting for? This team needs some life. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

The Sox need hitters and there’s no reason not to bring up sheets and burger to give them a shot for the games before the all star break and maybe beyond. The Sox are missing four outfielders and don’t have a second baseman. They currently can compete with a team that hits a little. Sooner or later their pitching will hit a wall and the hitters will have to pull their load. 

give these kids a shot until Eloy Engle and robert come back. What is Hahn waiting for? This team needs some life. 

You are correct in everything you just said and the reason hahn is still waiting is because hahn IS NOT a baseball man.

• Haha 3

Hahn is simply a yes man for the white Sox organization. He brought in a bunch of garbage last year, dumped the garbage and brought in new garbage this year. The payroll didn’t even expand as the cost of last years garbage is the same as the cost of this years garbage. Can you imagine “ going for” a WS and not expanding payroll a bit?

I coached hockey in Winnetka about 4-5 years ago and one of the kids on one of the other team was hahnskid who actually was a decent goalie.my point here was that Hahn was at the rink and we talked a couple times and he seemed very guarded in his comments about everything. Never even talked Sox. He struck me as an oddball. 

my guess is that he has little input in what goes on bringing in players and his hands are probably by the cheap owner. 

im not sure Gonzalez is constantly brought up. He really has never shown anything. That’s a chicken shit move. 

if this rebuild turns out to be a waste of time for Sox fans somebody is going to get their ass kicked.

• Haha 1

Burger was a top notch hockey player at Christian Brothers high school in St. Louis. Top high school program in St. Louis. The point is that he’s a tough guy who won’t quit and a good athlete. 

he hit against a couple of pitchers tonight who are pretty good and he lit them up AND played second base. 

hahn doesn’t have the guts or backing to bring burger and sheets up when half the lineup is missing. 

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I guess AZL starts in 4 days?

It starts on 6/28

God what a bunch of garbage in this thread. Go to bed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1