Mariners @ Sox, 6/25, 7:10 PM CT

2 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

This season is going to slip away if we continue to think a trade doesn’t have to happen. This offense isn’t able to win games and the starting pitching is due for regression…plus the defense isn’t good. 

My fear is that we’ll make a trade but too late 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Yoan struggling on defense recently is weird, cause he was fine at 3B last year despite having long COVID. 

He hasn't shown much power this season either.  Abreu at 1B looks like he may be washed up.  A college first baseman is their starting LFer.  They have been playing utility infielders in RF.  Weak at the corners.  Weak ass roster.

Just now, chisoxt said:

My fear is that we’ll make a trade but too late 

People are underwhelmed by players like Eduardo Escobar, but look at the farm system (realistically) and then look at how many replacementish level players are in the lineup after Grandal tonight. The bar for what caliber of player can help right now isn't high and hopefully should be available now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

So frustrating to watch this team right now.

It is getting to the point where something must be done. We can not hit the iceberg before making moves. Contrary to popular belief, Cleveland isn't just going to go away. Our offenses are about even right now. At least until Tim, Jose, and Yoan start smashing again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think they make a trade in the next week for offense and then another one closer to the deadline 

I’d be fine with that. Offense is a dire need. Whether it’s Escobar or someone else, we can’t keep putting these lineups out and expect to win more than we lose. 

Perfectly fine with waiting on an arm or 2 until the deadline 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

It is getting to the point where something must be done. We can not hit the iceberg before making moves. Contrary to popular belief, Cleveland isn't just going to go away. Our offenses are about even right now. At least until Tim, Jose, and Yoan start smashing again. 

Cleveland is actually playing well despite not having a starting rotation. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Cleveland not falling off at all despite all of their pitching injuries has been a big disappointment.

4 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

He hasn't shown much power this season either.  Abreu at 1B looks like he may be washed up.  A college first baseman is their starting LFer.  They have been playing utility infielders in RF.  Weak at the corners.  Weak ass roster.

Hahn is the greatest GM in the history of the game never to have won 80 games.

Elite.

#It’sKenny’sFault

#It’sRicky’sFault

#It’sJerry’sFault

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

If Jose and Yoan start smashing.  I'm not worried about Tim.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Hahn is the greatest GM in the history of the game never to have won 80 games.

Elite.

I'm fine with criticizing Hahn, he deserves it, but the only scenario where last years team doesn't win 80 games is a global pandemic that wipes 102 games off the schedule.

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

If Jose and Yoan start smashing.  I'm not worried about Tim.

As Frank said the other day, Timmy and Abreu are trying to pull everything. Problem is they’re not hitting for any power to justify it.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I'm fine with criticizing Hahn, he deserves it, but the only scenario where last years team doesn't win 80 games is a global pandemic that wipes 102 games off the schedule.

That team last year ran out of gas and pitchers at the 50 game mark.  It’s so hard to know if they would have turned it around or continued to falter.