Mariners @ Sox, 6/25, 7:10 PM CT

5 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

"Abreu heats up in the summer"

To my untrained eye Jose has a bad approach at the plate this season. I do realize he's close to the lead league in RBIs. I know it's cliche and probably wrong but he seems 'off' at the plate. He takes a lot of cookies and has a lot of bad at bats. I'm hoping he starts to relax and fricking pound the ball.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

To my untrained eye Jose has a bad approach at the plate this season. I do realize he's close to the lead league in RBIs. I know it's cliche and probably wrong but he seems 'off' at the plate. He takes a lot of cookies and has a lot of bad at bats. I'm hoping he starts to relax and fricking pound the ball.

Yeah, I think the RBIs are an aberration, as weird as that sounds to say. His approach is just bad, all over. Maybe because 44% of the starting lineup is out, and he thinks it is all on him to single handledly win every game, I don't know...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I'm not a big fan of Goodwin. Is there reason I should change my mind about him?

No.  Like Mendick and Garcia (and others), he’s a backup player being exposed playing everyday.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Yeah, I think the RBIs are an aberration, as weird as that sounds to say. His approach is just bad, all over. Maybe because 44% of the starting lineup is out, and he thinks it is all on him to single handledly win every game, I don't know...

Abreu‘s triple slash is 

240 .316

last 15 games it‘s been 

200 .238

he has been absolutely brutal. The trying to do too much excuse is getting old.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

This whole “approach” thing by the Mariners is a fascinating strategy the Sox should try 

They are 100 percent pressing which isn’t a good combo with six or so minor leaguers in the lineup

• Like 1