Jake Burger 4 DH!

DanofDuPage

Burger vs RHP: .267/.306/.436 .741 OPS

Burger vs LHP: .373/.418/.863 1.281 OPS

I'd be fine with calling Burger up, there's probably a role for him on this team right now. But I don't see any reason to think he'd help at all vs RHP and I'd wonder if throwing him into the deep end would stunt his development.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tray said:

Looks like Abreu might be DHing more according to Tony's post game comments which revealed that Abreu has been playing through injury. Tony also indicated that might mean Vaughn will be playing more at first.

He's been absolutely atrocious since that empire whipped the bat at his knee. How about just sitting him a bit to heal up? His .500 ops in June isn't doing anything for the team. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ron883 said:

He's been absolutely atrocious since that empire whipped the bat at his knee. How about just sitting him a bit to heal up? His .500 ops in June isn't doing anything for the team. 

Based on Tony’s comments regarding Abreu to DH and Vaughn to 1B, sounds like Yermin will continue to be squirming for playing time.

Rather see Grandal at 1B and Vaughn in LF, limiting OF scrubs to two, at least until someone, even Hamilton vs. LHP, can return.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The Umpire Strikes Back...are you saying it was actually intentional? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tray said:

Looks like Abreu might be DHing more according to Tony's post game comments which revealed that Abreu has been playing through injury. Tony also indicated that might mean Vaughn will be playing more at first.

This team is so injured it's hard to imagine it even winning the division. This is ridiculous. Everybody's hurt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tray said:

My eye test tells me Vaughn will be a work in progress defensively at 1B. 

7 hours ago, ron883 said:

This makes sense. Stop the macho stuff. If an injury is hampering play, it is time for the player to sit for a time. All we are getting from Jose right now are weak grounders to short. He's not helping, and he's killing innings with DPs. Sit down and talk with the man and tell him being tough is one thing, being foolish is another.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Snopek said:

Jake Burger 4 any position at this point.

He needs to be brought up. If 3rd base is his natural best position, then why cant Jake play third and move Moncada to 2B? Let's not forget 2B is Moncada's first and original position before being converted to 3B. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Burger vs RHP: .267/.306/.436 .741 OPS

Burger vs LHP: .373/.418/.863 1.281 OPS

I'd be fine with calling Burger up, there's probably a role for him on this team right now. But I don't see any reason to think he'd help at all vs RHP and I'd wonder if throwing him into the deep end would stunt his development.

Maybe you get lucky, but if take a chunk of his AAA numbers to adjust for park and league you are looking at maybe a .700 OPS hitter against rhp.  Eh, give me the glove of a Danny Mendick if that's the case.  We already have guys who murder lefties.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

He needs to be brought up. If 3rd base is his natural best position, then why cant Jake play third and move Moncada to 2B? Let's not forget 2B is Moncada's first and original position before being converted to 3B. 

And he was terrible there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

This actually isn't a bad idea. Moncada you would think would gladly fill in at 2B for the team. Again, no scientific knowledge, just an eye test gut feeling that Burger can only play 1B or 3B, not 2B or SS. That would be a disaster I'm thinking. Burger is old enough to be in the bigs to see if he can help out.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

The Sox aren’t moving Moncada around and shouldn’t. He’s a good 3B.

• Like 1