GT 6/27 G1: Mariners @ SOX

5 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Does TLR decide the lineup or the stat geeks?

I think TLR has watched enough of Mercedes bat against right handers to know which handed pitcher he’s better against. This is a manager that often otherwise sets lineups based on making sure left bats vs right. 

It does look like the worst of it is north of the park. I’m sure they’re just keeping an eye on the radar and what develops. No need to delay a game that isn’t scheduled to start for another hour. 

Edited by flavum

10 minutes ago, flavum said:

It does look like the worst of it is north of the park. I’m sure they’re just keeping an eye on the radar and what develops. No need to delay a game that isn’t scheduled to start for another hour. 

Protecting your fans from going into a Tornado warning to make the game seems reason enough tho

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

New tornado warning issued for Cook County that includes GRF. If you're there, get to shelter. If you're headed there, get inside somewhere quick.

If tornado is heading towards Sox Park, taking refuge in La Russa’s Lounge could be enough to save lives right now. 

34 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Protecting your fans from going into a Tornado warning to make the game seems reason enough tho

Great point.Very irresponsible not to delay this game sooner. Let people stay home until it passes or pull off the road and wait it out until conditions improve.

One exception may be the window is so tight if they don't start on time they aren't going to get it in. If that is the case, they would have no reason for their 230 hopeful starting time now.

Edited by Dick Allen

Just now, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I think you'll see vendors transition to being people who deliver orders to seats ordered through an app.

Ah, that I can see.  Good point.  I could not envision people passing a credit card down the line so you are probably correct.

7 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I think you'll see vendors transition to being people who deliver orders to seats ordered through an app.

There are a few of those now. Not to be political, but I wonder if enhanced unemployment has anything to do with it. Probably not, buy maybe the city gave them 100% capacity with no vendors as their best option.

They have to come back eventually. That is a big revenue hit.

Edited by Dick Allen

59 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Game delayed until 230. Idiots could have done it over an hour ago. Yet another botched delay by the Sox.

Security is taking advantage of the delay to diligently frisk all fans for unauthorized popcorn.

Jerry gets another hour to sell overpriced food and beer. The COVID-free Beer Snake will grow accordingly.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1