GT 6/27 G1: Mariners @ SOX

24 minutes ago, chw42 said:

What a fucking shit show. 

I mean…they wanted to get the game in as the Mariners don’t return to town. Is it an ideal scenario? No. But they don’t control the weather and this board/fan base acts like the Sox are out to fuck their fans over everytime it rains. It’s so silly. 

If this board was in charge of PPDs a dozen games would be called a year that could easily get played. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean…they wanted to get the game in as the Mariners don’t return to town. Is it an ideal scenario? No. But they don’t control the weather and this board/fan base acts like the Sox are out to fuck their fans over everytime it rains. It’s so silly. 

If this board was in charge of PPDs a dozen games would be called a year that could easily get played. 

7 inning games tomorrow, right?

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

They would have called the game hours ago for a Mon-Thurs date in April or May...in the end, they knew ahead of time that playing a DHer on Sunday was going to be likely.  Now if there was a terrible weather predicted tmrw, I might agree with you.  

You also have to look at it from the context of a family that can only go to one game a year, and the disappointment they might feel after driving say 2 1/2 or 3 hours each way from Iowa, Wisconsin or Indiana.  What is the lasting impression they are left with?

Edited by caulfield12

8 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

The lack of willingness to shake things up is starting to piss me off. Why is Yermin playing today but sitting yesterday against a lefty? Why is Gonzalez on this roster? Why was Collins playing yesterday against a lefty. So dumb. This team is sinking and needs help fast. 

Please ask TLR to answer your questions.  Looks tome these were his decisions.

41 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They would have called the game hours ago for a Mon-Thurs date in April or May...in the end, they knew ahead of time that playing a DHer on Sunday was going to be likely.  Now if there was a terrible weather predicted tmrw, I might agree with you.  

You also have to look at it from the context of a family that can only go to one game a year, and the disappointment they might feel after driving say 2 1/2 or 3 hours each way from Iowa, Wisconsin or Indiana.  What is the lasting impression they are left with?

1. The White Sox ignore science such as meteorology in the name of selling excess parking and concessions for a game that should not have started.

2. You will not receive a refund for today’s tickets or parking but rather a credit for a future game you may or may not be able to attend.

3. If you have a bag of popcorn, it will be confiscated, and you may be subject to expulsion, arrest and or a discharged taser into your abdomen.