GT 6/29 Twins @ White Sox

Kenta Maeda  on the mound for the Twins and Lucas Giolito for the Sox.

Sox will be looking for back to back wins.

This will be Maeda's second start of the year against the Sox. In his first start, he went 5 innings and allowed 3 runs on 4 hits and 2 walks in a 9-3 Twins loss.

Giolito started against the Twins May 19 and went 8 innings, allowing 1 run on 2 hits, and striking out 11 while walking 3 in a 2-1 win.

Phase 2 of the All-Star voting has begun. Abreu, Moncada and Grandal all have a chance to start. Voting ends Thursday.

:gosox3::gosox2::gosox1::gosoxretro::gosox4:

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

What’s it look like for tonight.  I’m driving from SW WI.  We’ll be leaving in the afternoon.  Quick question…advisable to purchase parking in advance?

Forecast Looks worse than last night honestly. 

Just now, manbearpuig said:

Makes sense why they wouldn't have planned a doubleheader for today to be honest.

Yeah - last night was still puzzling.  Still think other factors were at play last night - I expect them to try to get this one in.  

The weather should be fine tonight. Wish they would have tried to replace the game today or tomorrow, dying for baseball with three off days in eight days.

https://weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/Chicago+IL?canonicalCityId=51327091448a763db3e0093b240009381d87952467e6c2ba8bad55f1328ec986

Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 hour ago, JTB said:

What’s it look like for tonight.  I’m driving from SW WI.  We’ll be leaving in the afternoon.  Quick question…advisable to purchase parking in advance?

You don't need to buy parking in advance. There are plenty of lots

• Thanks 1

• knightni changed the title to GT 6/29 Twins @ White Sox
  • knightni pinned this topic

Weather app radar looks good until at least 7:30.  Hope that holds. Excited to get to a game, even if the Sox aren’t playing their best.  It’s been awhile.  First trip to Chicago for a baseball game for my soph-to-be son.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

My lineup prediction:

Anderson 6, Goodwin 7, Moncada 5, Abreu 3, Grandal 2, Collins DH, Garcia 4, Sheets 9, Hamilton 8

Lucas is on the mound, so Collins is catching. Thinking Vaughn Hamilton Sheets from left to right.

Want Abreu to rest a bit, but he told Tony yesterday he’s not going to sit.

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

does abreu understand that hes hurting the team right now? Larussa needs to show hes the man in charge and sit him for a while until he can heal a bit. 

22 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Game postponed. Rescheduled as part of a straight DH on Monday 7/19.

This is like the third time i've entered this thread and saw this post and groaned to myself about another PPD. 

17 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Lucas is on the mound, so Collins is catching. Thinking Vaughn Hamilton Sheets from left to right.

For the record, Collins has actually been on a pretty decent hitting spell as of late.  In June he is

.323 .400 .452 .852

37 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

My lineup prediction:

Anderson 6, Goodwin 7, Moncada 5, Abreu 3, Grandal 2, Collins DH, Garcia 4, Sheets 9, Hamilton 8

22 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

16 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I think this is close: swap Grandal at 1B, Abreu at DH and Collins C since Giolito is pitching.

You guys think Hamilton is going to play OF ? Remember it was said he would only hit RH when he came back and the Twins starter is RH. If Hamilton is terrible against RHP hitting LH  you think he's going to play against them hitting RH ? I mean he could because can it actually be much worse than him hitting lefty ?

But I'm looking at Vaughn ,Goodwin and Sheets from L to R.