Sheets up, Hamilton back, Lamb to IL, Gonzalez down

Heads22

14 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Billy is such a bad hitter, he doesn't need a rehab assignment.

He's been pretty decent this year hitting RH. But Twins are starting 3 RHP and it was said when Billy Comes back he would only hit Right-handed Hitting RH against RHP which will be a new thing for Billy . He might not be in the starting lineup. Might be Vaughn, Goodwin and Sheets L to R.

It just never ends...

If you'd told me last season, as I was busy salivating over what a fun season 2021 was going to be, that I would be ecstatic that Billy Hamilton was coming back from the IL to fill an OF spot, I'd have laughed in your face.  Billy Hamilton....our savior.   Kill me now.

• Like 1

I don’t think I’m in the minority in saying Billy Hamilton was one of my favorite surprises during the first half of the season. Makes me smile / happy when he gets a hit or makes a great play in the field. He has the same impact on the team, especially Tim.

Hoping he gets more chances to prove himself and stay on the roster throughout the rest of the season and even beyond. Like to see him play even against at least some righties and start against all lefties while Luis remains out.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sounds to me like he's still hurt if he has to ditch switch hitting due to pain on some swings. SIgh.

He's not really in there for the bat .  Unfortunately, in his career he's been a slightly less bad swinging the bat left handed as opposed to right.  In any event, Billy's role should be exactly that of last night.  Entering game in 7th or 8th inning for pinch running or defensive purposes, and HOPEFULLY, getting very few at bats.