Giolito has thoughts about Donaldsons comments

Heads22

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

lmao imagine saying this and then watching your team do nothing against this guy for the rest of the night. Not to mention Lucas didn't have his good stuff at all. Very rarely do you see him strike out 1 guy in 6 innings. 

Also if he's gonna complain about foreign substances, if doesn't help that your pitcher on the mound tonight was definitely using before and saw a 100+ rpm decrease on 2 of his primary pitches while having no idea where any pitch was going. Just a bad look. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Hmm. I wonder if Giolito is one of the guys hitters had problems with the goo ball. His spin rate did climb a lot.

The weird thing about Lucas is that more spin doesn't necessarily help his best pitch: the change up. 

I don't know if there's a more unlikeable player in baseball than Donaldson.  He always seems to have some smart ass thing to say or some dumbass gesture he has to make.  Remember the whistle-blowing imitation a few years ago?  Getting thrown out of a game for showing up the umpire after hitting a home run?  Just being an ass at all times.

He seems like a "me first" guy rather than being an ass for his team.

6 hours ago, chw42 said:

Also if he's gonna complain about foreign substances, if doesn't help that your pitcher on the mound tonight was definitely using before and saw a 100+ rpm decrease on 2 of his primary pitches while having no idea where any pitch was going. Just a bad look. 

I thought the same thing, Maeda had no idea where that slider was going 

6 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Maybe goo turns a change in the 80s into a hard knuckleball?

I wouldn't think so, his change and a knuckleball rely on less spin, you would think that he would not want spidertack for that reason.  But I'm not a pitcher, who knows how his grip is for fastball and slider is and what he would feel was necessary before.

18 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I wouldn't think so, his change and a knuckleball rely on less spin, you would think that he would not want spidertack for that reason.  But I'm not a pitcher, who knows how his grip is for fastball and slider is and what he would feel was necessary before.

Spin rate on his changeup has actually gone up compared to the rest of the season the last 3 games. That said, his changeup opening day was a thing of beauty and it was spun up that day too.chart 4.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Spin rate on his changeup has actually gone up compared to the rest of the season the last 3 games. That said, his changeup opening day was a thing of beauty and it was spun up that day too.chart 4.jpeg

Are we looking at the same graph, because the spin rate on his change looks like it is going down the last three games, it jumped June 6 and has been going down every game after

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Are we looking at the same graph, because the spin rate on his change looks like it is going down the last three games

Yeah, after it spiked it has a downward slope to it, but it did spike just about when he stopped using the spider tack. Interestingly, the changeup spin spiked one start before the fastball spin drop, so I don’t know exactly how to interpret that, but it is accurate to say that 2 of the 3 highest spin games on his changeup this year were in his last 3 starts.