Giolito has thoughts about Donaldsons comments

Heads22

7 hours ago, chw42 said:

Also if he's gonna complain about foreign substances, if doesn't help that your pitcher on the mound tonight was definitely using before and saw a 100+ rpm decrease on 2 of his primary pitches while having no idea where any pitch was going. Just a bad look. 

Just to Quantify, this appears to have been Maeda’s first start since the substance checks began, and it was his lowest fastball spin rate start this year. 
chart 6.jpeg

2 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

So does Donaldson get drilled tonight? 

Would much rather see them strike Donaldson out four times than throw at him and motivate the last place Twins especially when the Sox need to get on the right track as a shaky first place team.

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

I certainly hope not. I hope we've done away with those dumb ass unwritten rules.

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Someone beaning Donaldson today would do the exact opposite of shutting things up.  Its in everyone's best interest (except maybe the Twins at this point), to just move on. 

Nah that idiot donaldson despite being a good player he always talks and talks a lot,so go yonny sacrifice ruiz to hurt him a bit

17 minutes ago, Greek-konerko said:

Nah that idiot donaldson despite being a good player he always talks and talks a lot,so go yonny sacrifice ruiz to hurt him a bit

Dumb.  Good way to get TA hurt.

Trust me, I'd like to see Donaldson take a 99 MPH fastball somewhere it hurts a few days.  But there is just no upside for the Sox.  We're in 1st place and already dinged up to no end.  We don't need to get into a bean ball contest with a team 12.5 GB and nothing to lose.  The last thing we need is TA, Jose, Grandal etc. getting one to the hands. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Dumb.  Good way to get TA hurt.

Trust me, I'd like to see Donaldson take a 99 MPH fastball somewhere it hurts a few days.  But there is just no upside for the Sox.  We're in 1st place and already dinged up to no end.  We don't need to get into a bean ball contest with a team 12.5 GB and nothing to lose.  The last thing we need is TA, Jose, Grandal etc. getting one to the hands. 

This this this

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Sox have the upper hand. Just bury the Twins. Hopefully Sox sweep them and then the Twins win 10 straight and fall apart right the deadline where they decided to go for it. 

You don't want the Twins to get too hot after this series. Trust me. 

56 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Best way to shut him up is to get him out. No need to bean this dude and then have Abreu catch another to the knee. 

He already is out 65% of the time. How is doing something he is used to going to shut him up? Nothing will shut him up he has been this way his entire career.

Just now, ptatc said:

He already is out 65% of the time. How is doing something he is used to going to shut him up? Nothing will shut him up he has been this way his entire career.

Well if he is out 100 percent of the time what is he going say? Is he going to talk shit walking back to the dugout after a K? 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

No reason to give them something to rally against. Donaldson will probably say some controversial stuff before the game tonight. Just ignore it and try to win the series. 

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

If the Sox swept them? Yes I do. I'll take my chances. I'd rather they let their assets expire worthless and try to over come a 14.5 game lead on July 1. 

11 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Well if he is out 100 percent of the time what is he going say? Is he going to talk shit walking back to the dugout after a K? 

I'm sure he would. I somehow don't think he will be out 100% of the time. Call me crazy but I just don't think that will happen.