Jump to content
Heads22

Giolito has thoughts about Donaldsons comments

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, chw42 said:

Also if he's gonna complain about foreign substances, if doesn't help that your pitcher on the mound tonight was definitely using before and saw a 100+ rpm decrease on 2 of his primary pitches while having no idea where any pitch was going. Just a bad look. 

Just to Quantify, this appears to have been Maeda’s first start since the substance checks began, and it was his lowest fastball spin rate start this year. 
chart 6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

So does Donaldson get drilled tonight? 

I certainly hope not. I hope we've done away with those dumb ass unwritten rules.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

So does Donaldson get drilled tonight? 

Would much rather see them strike Donaldson out four times than throw at him and motivate the last place Twins especially when the Sox need to get on the right track as a shaky first place team.

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

I certainly hope not. I hope we've done away with those dumb ass unwritten rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

So does Donaldson get drilled tonight? 

I certainly hope not.  I’d much prefer he sulk on the bench after an 0-4. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Ozzie on the post game said he should have buried one in Donaldsons ribs and said, "oops, sorry, no sticky stuff."

Soo Ozzie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everybody here has gone soft. Give Donaldson a good 98 MPH fastball to the ribs and be done with it. I have faith TLR will make it happen. 

  • Like 3
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Someone beaning Donaldson today would do the exact opposite of shutting things up.  Its in everyone's best interest (except maybe the Twins at this point), to just move on. 

Nah that idiot donaldson despite being a good player he always talks and talks a lot,so go yonny sacrifice ruiz to hurt him a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greek-konerko said:

Nah that idiot donaldson despite being a good player he always talks and talks a lot,so go yonny sacrifice ruiz to hurt him a bit

He's absolutely the type of guy who would feed off of it and then homer his next 2 at bats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

He's absolutely the type of guy who would feed off of it and then homer his next 2 at bats.

Not if u sideline him 2-3 days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Greek-konerko said:

Nah that idiot donaldson despite being a good player he always talks and talks a lot,so go yonny sacrifice ruiz to hurt him a bit

Dumb.  Good way to get TA hurt.

Trust me, I'd like to see Donaldson take a 99 MPH fastball somewhere it hurts a few days.  But there is just no upside for the Sox.  We're in 1st place and already dinged up to no end.  We don't need to get into a bean ball contest with a team 12.5 GB and nothing to lose.  The last thing we need is TA, Jose, Grandal etc. getting one to the hands. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Greek-konerko said:

Not if u sideline him 2-3 days

Amen brother. Give Donaldson a bruise he will remember. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Dumb.  Good way to get TA hurt.

Trust me, I'd like to see Donaldson take a 99 MPH fastball somewhere it hurts a few days.  But there is just no upside for the Sox.  We're in 1st place and already dinged up to no end.  We don't need to get into a bean ball contest with a team 12.5 GB and nothing to lose.  The last thing we need is TA, Jose, Grandal etc. getting one to the hands. 

This this this

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posters advocating for actively trying to hurt an opposing player, Welcome to Soxtalk!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Someone beaning Donaldson today would do the exact opposite of shutting things up.  Its in everyone's best interest (except maybe the Twins at this point), to just move on. 

Hey, look, somebody with a brain

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Greek-konerko said:

Not if u sideline him 2-3 days

Best way to shut him up is to get him out. No need to bean this dude and then have Abreu catch another to the knee. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't hurt him, strike him out and make the hand gesture he made back to him each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sox have the upper hand. Just bury the Twins. Hopefully Sox sweep them and then the Twins win 10 straight and fall apart right the deadline where they decided to go for it. 

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Sox have the upper hand. Just bury the Twins. Hopefully Sox sweep them and then the Twins win 10 straight and fall apart right the deadline where they decided to go for it. 

You don't want the Twins to get too hot after this series. Trust me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Best way to shut him up is to get him out. No need to bean this dude and then have Abreu catch another to the knee. 

He already is out 65% of the time. How is doing something he is used to going to shut him up? Nothing will shut him up he has been this way his entire career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ptatc said:

He already is out 65% of the time. How is doing something he is used to going to shut him up? Nothing will shut him up he has been this way his entire career.

Well if he is out 100 percent of the time what is he going say? Is he going to talk shit walking back to the dugout after a K? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SonofaRoache said:

You don't want the Twins to get too hot after this series. Trust me. 

No reason to give them something to rally against. Donaldson will probably say some controversial stuff before the game tonight. Just ignore it and try to win the series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

You don't want the Twins to get too hot after this series. Trust me. 

If the Sox swept them? Yes I do. I'll take my chances. I'd rather they let their assets expire worthless and try to over come a 14.5 game lead on July 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they drill donaldson tonight.  Always hated him since he kicked dirt on our plate last year.  Fuck him

  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Well if he is out 100 percent of the time what is he going say? Is he going to talk shit walking back to the dugout after a K? 

I'm sure he would. I somehow don't think he will be out 100% of the time. Call me crazy but I just don't think that will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×