Burger and Cespedes in the Futures Game

KrankinSox

What a moment for Jake Burger.  Sox fans had pretty much given up the kid for dead after the first achillies, let alone the second one.  The kid got to hit in a freaking made up baseball league for a month, and wasn't even invited to Schaumburg initially.  Then he gets the late invite to the camp, and quietly goes about his business there.  He shows up in camp this year having a grand total of 200 PAs in professional baseball, all at Low A in 2017. and then proceeds to hit like he hasn't missed a day of baseball.

If you can't root for a kid like this, and be happy for his success, who can you root for?

• Like 11
  • Fire 1

12 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

What a moment for Jake Burger.  Sox fans had pretty much given up the kid for dead after the first achillies, let alone the second one.  The kid got to hit in a freaking made up baseball league for a month, and wasn't even invited to Schaumburg initially.  Then he gets the late invite to the camp, and quietly goes about his business there.  He shows up in camp this year having a grand total of 200 PAs in professional baseball, all at Low A in 2017. and then proceeds to hit like he hasn't missed a day of baseball.

If you can't root for a kid like this, and be happy for his success, who can you root for?

the first time I see him play in the bigs I will owe him an apology and I will yell it at him.  Great character and a great example of how mentally tough most athletes are.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1