Bummer, Marshall to IL; Kopech back, Fry up

Heads22

Just now, Greek-konerko said:

Hamstrings unjuries is cause of lack of training,period

It's also a lack of getting stretched and properly warmed up before each at bat. Hence why Abreu never pulls his hamstrings because he is always doing stretching, knee bends and jumping up and down before each at bat. The players do stretch before the game, but many of them don't do much or any stretching after the game starts. 

1 hour ago, Heads22 said:

What the hell is  a “strained right flexor pronator”?  Do this press people think their fans are orthopedic surgeons or what?  Wish they use lay term explanations!

On 5/14/2021 at 3:44 PM, Big Hurtin said:

Wow, horseshit call.

On 5/14/2021 at 3:53 PM, Texsox said:

Looking at replay it looks like he's ducking to avoid Grandal making the play. 

On 5/15/2021 at 9:44 PM, Capn12 said:

Can I buy a Blake Rutherford or someone, to play for this team in the OF? We cannot continue to run Leury Garcia and Billy Hamilton out there.

And yeah, he is safe at home.

On 5/18/2021 at 9:08 PM, Capn12 said:

Yep, he got a lot of that one.

On 5/18/2021 at 10:59 PM, The Beast said:

The LOBs and Sano’s three HR game will be the story. Bummer will be blamed but they need to score more runs.

Hall of Fame baseball person should be lit up for not knowing the extra inning rules against Cincinnati and for commenting on a stupid non-story in support of baseball’s unwritten rules that Earl Weaver wouldn’t even agree with.

On 5/19/2021 at 4:11 PM, wegner said:

Guilty as charged.  He has just spooked me with the homeruns he gave up since our home park can be a bandbox when it gets warmer.  I will try to be better when speaking of our Aussie closer in the future.

On 5/21/2021 at 10:57 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Because they didn't shift in 1985.

On 5/21/2021 at 10:12 PM, caulfield12 said:

Madrigal to baserunning/fundamentals school please...and Vaughn probably has never bunted in a game situation since early years of high school.

On 5/22/2021 at 3:04 PM, Moncada said:

can we DFA Marshall and Foster 

On 5/22/2021 at 5:32 PM, southsider2k5 said:

For the stans recordbooks, there was nothing Tony could have done to change today.

On 5/26/2021 at 4:24 PM, Green Line said:

Big boppers have not come through today.  Super dissapointing if they lose this game after the masterpiece Rodon pitched.

On 5/29/2021 at 7:34 PM, mharkins said:

Bummer better buy Heuer a massive gold chain after bailing his ass out of that piss poor performance. 🤡🥸😇

On 5/31/2021 at 7:53 PM, hankchifan said:

The guy has a 7.71 ERA in AAA.  If we don’t have anyone better we got a problem.

On 6/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, zisk said:

If the Sox win 1 of next 2 games, we should be satisfied. I've always been a greedy jerk though. I thought Lambert showed 

a little in the 2nd game. Still, he should have thrown a less hittable pitch on 3-2 to that lefty in the 2nd inning. 1st was

open and the next batter was hitting .126.

On 6/1/2021 at 10:01 PM, tray said:

That was a tough loss men. Forget it and focus on kicking  their asses tomorrow.

Even if we lose, we still leave town in first place, but it sure would be nice to hold serve with a split.

On 6/4/2021 at 10:37 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

Unreal

On 6/4/2021 at 10:42 PM, Tnetennba said:

Marshall was the only one getting loose with the bases loaded.  That shot of Ruiz was the only other pen look I saw. 

On 6/12/2021 at 10:25 PM, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I've been an advocate for having Leury on the bench because he can play all the infield and outfield positions well, and that gives you incredible flexibility with your team, especially in the late innings. That and the fact that he can't be sent down have led to him having a lock on a 25-man roster spot no matter how bad his hitting was.

However, nobody predicted Yermin Mercedes, Jake Lamb, Danny Mendick, and even Billy Hamilton outhitting him, so have we reached the point where Leury's flexibility no longer justifies carrying his sub .600 OPS on the roster? Hamilton (when he's back) can play the OF about as well as Leury and has been hitting better than him, and Mendick can handle the IF and is also hitting better.

On 6/18/2021 at 9:45 PM, chw42 said:

Pirates trying their hardest to blow a 11-1 lead. 

On 6/18/2021 at 9:31 PM, Tnetennba said:

Rodon getting squeezed now 

On 6/19/2021 at 3:05 PM, SoxFanForever said:

Yermin once again batting 5th.  Yeesh! 

Glad to see Engel back.

On 6/20/2021 at 5:00 PM, joesaiditstrue said:

is it true that Lynn's spin rate is down dramatically, anybody have the before/after numbers?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

It's also a lack of getting stretched and properly warmed up before each at bat. Hence why Abreu never pulls his hamstrings because he is always doing stretching, knee bends and jumping up and down before each at bat. The players do stretch before the game, but many of them don't do much or any stretching after the game starts. 

how do you know whether our players stretch enough? Its hard for me to believe the veteran ball players have no idea how long to stretch,

53 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

You are right. I must have had a technical glitch on my IPad, as they are under my name. Apologize for the inconvenience.

Darn, I just spent a bunch of time trying to piece together the intricate web of how those various posts were connected in a wonderful cosmic symphony.  Now it was just a mistake?  Note to self...read the rest of the thread first next time

16 hours ago, Whitewashed in '05 said:

Any metrics out there from all MLB teams players on IL this year compared to last year or previous year?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2021/06/03/mlb-injuries-2021-baseball-season-increase/7510128002/

Through May, there were 104 soft tissue injuries that resulted in stints on the IL, a 160% increase over the 48 after two months in 2019, according to Stan Conte, the former trainer for the Dodgers and Giants who now operates Conte Sport Performance Therapy in Arizona and consults for multiple MLB franchises and the league office.

Hamstrings are going haywire – already the most common injury in baseball, they are up 193% since 2019, with 47 IL stints compared to 16 through May 2021.

Adductors are in disarray – there have been 16 groin-related IL trips, compared to two in 2019’s first two months.

And oblique strains and tears are up 83% - from 12 after two months of 2019 to 22 in 2021.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Also this

Why the flood of injuries?

There’s an obvious culprit: A 2020 season that saw players ramp up during spring training in February or March, then return home for four months as the COVID-19 pandemic interceded, followed by an abbreviated “summer camp” in July and then a 60-game season.

The winter months, presumably, should have provided “some sort of reset” for ballplayers, says Conte, though the 12-month rhythms many have lived for more than a decade – physically, mentally, emotionally - were undeniably disrupted.

“Clearly, elite athletes know how to condition themselves, but this was unprecedented,” says James Gladstone, head of sports medicine at New York’s Mount Sinai Health System. “The whole last year really threw people off; in part, injuries may be a result of that.

“Obviously you assume that most, if not all professionals are using the offseason to recuperate, rejuvenate and rebuild. We’re talking about the physical here. The psyche of pretty much everyone in the world was affected by this COVID pandemic. It’s hard to directly correlate the two sometimes, but I think there’s some kind of connection.

“I wouldn’t be surprised that the whole environment plays a role in it.”

17 hours ago, hankchifan said:

What the hell is  a “strained right flexor pronator”?  Do this press people think their fans are orthopedic surgeons or what?  Wish they use lay term explanations!

Glad to see Engel back.

You quoted all of that to say "glad to see Engel is back"? 

17 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Glad to see Engel back.

Wow you quoted a lot of posts there. I don’t understand. 

Edited by maloney.adam