Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

Even over the next week or so we may see some teams tip more toward selling than they had been recently (Cubs and Twins to name two).

There will be some pretty interesting players available and several that make perfect sense for the Sox.

I don't imagine we'll see any blockbusters involving the Sox.  Maybe Escobar, some relatively unexciting OF help, and a reliever.

6 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Even over the next week or so we may see some teams tip more toward selling than they had been recently (Cubs and Twins to name two).

There will be some pretty interesting players available and several that make perfect sense for the Sox.

I don't imagine we'll see any blockbusters involving the Sox.  Maybe Escobar, some relatively unexciting OF help, and a reliever.

I will be shocked if Escobar is the biggest move the Sox make. I'm expecting a big, exciting move. The window to win a World Series is now.

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I will be shocked if Escobar is the biggest move the Sox make. I'm expecting a big, exciting move. The window to win a World Series is now.

I'd love to see it.  I wonder who might be available that a) makes sense for the Sox, and b) the Sox could actually acquire.

35 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

This team really doesn't have to do much IMO, especially as they get healthier

This team has excellent depth

Outside of Escabor and maybe a bullpen arm, i don't see much happening

I agree.  Sheets has calmed the feeling of desperation I was experiencing only a week ago.

10 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Big fish I'd like to see the Sox target:

Nelson Cruz, Craig Kimbrel, Kris Bryant, Bryan Reynolds, Adam Frazier, Starling Marte, Ketel Marte, Nick Castellanos, Joey Gallo

The Sox picking up Kris Bryant's salary and underpaying for him on the trade market just makes a ton of sense as our next RF.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Sox picking up Kris Bryant's salary and underpaying for him on the trade market just makes a ton of sense as our next RF.

He would fit so well on this team.  I don't see it happening, but it's a damn near perfect fit.

• Like 2

So many interesting avenues! 

I look forward to this trade deadline greatly.

I really hope the White Sox add an impact bat, preferrably an OF and a good MI.

LETS ADD. This is a BIG year. We are going to the playoffs, let's PLAN LIKE IT. 

Kris Bryant? Starlin Marte? Castellanos? Trevor Story?

Please get something GOOD to make a huge impact on this team. Can you imagine what it would look like with Eloy + Luis back for the playoffs ?? 

WOOT

Cubs are imploding. KB literally covers everything this team needs. Its too perfect. I recently read that Starling Marte and Marlins are talking extension...so unless that is a last ditch effort for them to keep him, maybe he will be traded as well and would be worth a look. Power righty bullpen arm has to be the other look. 

3 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

I thought it was the future and this year could be sacrificed to save all our wonderful prospects in our top ranked farm system so the Sox can continue on a decade long run of dominance with Cease, Kopech, Giolito and Keuchel (aged 34-35) for 2 more yrs while our as yet MIA pitcher Vera and studs Kelley, Thompson, Dahlquist all become quality MLB starters in a span of 3 years. Trading for 1 year of Lynn was just for fun . After all look at what a short period of time it has taken Cease , Kopech , Lopez, Fulmer and Dunning to become the horses in the rotation they are today.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

7) The White Sox will trade for Adam Frazier.
And replace one vertically challenged, contact-oriented second baseman with another.

Losing Nick Madrigal on the heels of having already lost Eloy Jiménez and Luis Robert (among others in the lineup) to injuries was a huge blow to a White Sox team that, if healthy, would be a good bet to win the AL pennant. But while Jiménez and Robert are expected back before season’s end, the same can’t be said of Madrigal. All the injuries have caught up to Chicago in recent days, and this team cannot let its opportunity in the AL Central slip away.

Frazier is having a career year, comes with an additional season of arbitration control and has enough outfield experience to offer flexibility when Madrigal returns next year. Plus, his lefty bat gives the Sox some needed balance.

https://www.mlb.com/news/bold-mlb-predictions-for-july?partnerId=zh-20210701-432379-MLB-1-A&qid=1026&utm_id=zh-20210701-432379-MLB-1-A&bt_ee=cT54QTD4AGaETe5MtF9AA25bDjkMnbvjTOHurcaKjc4Y7238CsUuansy1AdTnZ6N&bt_ts=1625150932455

Also predicting S.Marte to the Yankees, possibly with an extension involved…

*BEST* Trade GETS:

1) Joey Gallo - BY FAR the best. Why? He's under contract for another year. He's a lefty which helps balance our lineup. He can play great defense at multiple positions. He is a power hitter which we (surprisingly) need right now. Get him, plug him in RF and you have a future of Vaughn+Robert+Gallo in the OF and Eloy at DH. Can also spell Moncada at 3b.

Can we get him? IDK. I'd 100% be willing to trade Crochet for him. Or even Jarred Kelley.

2) Starlin Marte - Complete rental, but a RHB that hits righties well. Impact bat, shouldn't cost a ton since it'd be a rental.

3) Adam Frazier - Left handed batter offers balance. Gives an extra year of control. Question is, is he a mirage? Only a good GET if he comes extremely cheap.

4) Trevor Story - Don't get me wrong. I WANT TREVOR STORY. Problem is, he's a SS that is right handed and isn't as good of a hitter against righties as he is against lefties. Not a great fit. Maybe he can play 2b and of course he'd be a dynamic add, but I'm guessing he costs more than hes worth to the club.

5) Eduardo Escobar - Switch hitter, plays a ton of positions, fills in nicely. Has power. Rental. Should be super cheap.

4 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

*BEST* Trade GETS:

1) Joey Gallo - BY FAR the best. Why? He's under contract for another year. He's a lefty which helps balance our lineup. He can play great defense at multiple positions. He is a power hitter which we (surprisingly) need right now. Get him, plug him in RF and you have a future of Vaughn+Robert+Gallo in the OF and Eloy at DH. Can also spell Moncada at 3b.

Can we get him? IDK. I'd 100% be willing to trade Crochet for him. Or even Jarred Kelley.

2) Starlin Marte - Complete rental, but a RHB that hits righties well. Impact bat, shouldn't cost a ton since it'd be a rental.

3) Adam Frazier - Left handed batter offers balance. Gives an extra year of control. Question is, is he a mirage? Only a good GET if he comes extremely cheap.

4) Trevor Story - Don't get me wrong. I WANT TREVOR STORY. Problem is, he's a SS that is right handed and isn't as good of a hitter against righties as he is against lefties. Not a great fit. Maybe he can play 2b and of course he'd be a dynamic add, but I'm guessing he costs more than hes worth to the club.

5) Eduardo Escobar - Switch hitter, plays a ton of positions, fills in nicely. Has power. Rental. Should be super cheap.

Dude we have Jake Burger playing 2B of course Trevor story can