Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

14 minutes ago, CyAcosta41 said:

Ha. No offense taken. Been around a loooooong time with a meagre post count by personal preference.

Don't think we're disagreeing much, although I think your "guys like him" are worth no more than cash considerations or pure lottery plays is hyperbolic.

Sox have a need. Braves have an asset with serious professional cred. He's not who he was with the Tribe, but he's got a shot to be +++ Leuri or Mendick down the stretch in one final swan song. 

Simply a question of what it will take. A vet like Kipnis -- one who won't cost a meaningful future piece -- is an asset I'm sure Hahn and Co. are considering. I'd easily trade Burdi for him. Guys like Burdi (post surgery Burdi) are a dime a dozen and there are always orgs that will take on 90th percentile gas thinking they'll be the ones to retool enough to make him better. I personally wouldn't trade the likes of Lambert, Stiever, or Pilkington for him -- not that I'm completely enamored of them, but instead know they're move valuable trade pieces in potentially bigger deals.

Kipnis hasn’t gotten a single at bat for the Braves even though they had several injuries . He has been meh in AAA. If the Sox wanted him they would get him for nothing. Organizations do that all the time to do veterans a solid. Kipnis at this point is not an asset in any shape or form.

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Kipnis hasn’t gotten a single at bat for the Braves even though they had several injuries . He has been meh in AAA. If the Sox wanted him they would get him for nothing. Organizations do that all the time to do veterans a solid. Kipnis at this point is not an asset in any shape or form.

He's an asset if the Sox consider him an asset. They have him; we don't. Doesn't matter why they've left him at AAA. Could be he was always insurance for them (they're covered quite well at 2B, of course) and always had a flip in mind.

I understand that players aren't stagnant and their abilities and perceived values change over time. Fascinating that we're at a point in history where Escobar is considered much more valuable than Jason Kipnis. And he is. But I certainly wouldn't trade real value for Escobar (who is notoriously streaky and entirely capable of putting up similar or worse numbers than Leuri Garcia moving forward) and pooh-pooh a trade for Kipnis for something that we wouldn't really value anyway (Burdi, Rutherford, Lu-Gon, and Adolfo being the best examples I can think of at the moment).

Guilty as charged at perhaps valuing him and his AL Central and big game experience more than some. Vets with anything in the tank matter. Especially down the stretch. Quality player. Know the family. He'd go after it hard.

Just wanted to float it out there in case anyone had heard anything. Cool that you don't think much of 2021 Jason Kipnis. That's what makes arm-chair GM'ing so much fun.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bmags said:

God I don’t know how people can live with themselves sometimes. I mean having a terrible burner account isn’t like being a murderer but I wouldn’t want to be in a room with either.

These fake insider people are catfishing a large group of people, in a sense. They crave the dopamine release from people saying thank you and kissing their ass. Hell, NSC blocks anybody that doesn't praise him or believe in his rumors. The guy is looking for constant praise over completely fabricated ideas. It's pretty sad when you think about it.

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, CyAcosta41 said:

He's an asset if the Sox consider him an asset. They have him; we don't. Doesn't matter why they've left him at AAA. Could be he was always insurance for them (they're covered quite well at 2B, of course) and always had a flip in mind.

I understand that players aren't stagnant and their abilities and perceived values change over time. Fascinating that we're at a point in history where Escobar is considered much more valuable than Jason Kipnis. And he is. But I certainly wouldn't trade real value for Escobar (who is notoriously streaky and entirely capable of putting up similar or worse numbers than Leuri Garcia moving forward) and pooh-pooh a trade for Kipnis for something that we wouldn't really value anyway (Burdi, Rutherford, Lu-Gon, and Adolfo being the best examples I can think of at the moment).

Guilty as charged at perhaps valuing him and his AL Central and big game experience more than some. Vets with anything in the tank matter. Especially down the stretch. Quality player. Know the family. He'd go after it hard.

Just wanted to float it out there in case anyone had heard anything. Cool that you don't think much of 2021 Jason Kipnis. That's what makes arm-chair GM'ing so much fun.

I don’t know how he’s much better than Tim Beckham already I’m CHA.

I don’t think Kris Bryant has been vaccinated yet, I don’t think most Cubs players are so because of that I don’t want him to be on the Sox.

They could win the WS this year and it would suck if an outbreak were to happen and change the course of the season. 

1 hour ago, Joshua Strong said:

I don’t think Kris Bryant has been vaccinated yet, I don’t think most Cubs players are so because of that I don’t want him to be on the Sox.

They could win the WS this year and it would suck if an outbreak were to happen and change the course of the season. 

Bryant said he's vaccinated back in May.

10 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Lol. The last time someone posted something similar like this, the Hendricks signing was leaked. Keep doing this. 😂

I mean....it isn't too hard. Not Steve does this on a regular basis. 

Edited by Baron
  • Fire 1

Listening to the latest White Sox Talk Podcast with Chuck and Jesse Rogers, I will be shocked if the Sox don’t trade for Escobar.  Rogers even said it could be just a matter of time.  Both don’t think Story is a realistic option.  They also think a righty closer will be added that’s not a huge name and then be put into the 8th inning role.

4 minutes ago, oldsox said:

The only team he could hit was us.  Steel Walker having so-so season in AA, by the way. 

His numbers were pretty consistent his first 4 years, and given his age, and one time prospect ranking, you would think he had the ability to improve. Something really messed him up. Maybe it was the Covid he said he didn't have.  He is younger than Collins and only a year older than Sheets, but if he can't play in Detroit, he may be toast. 

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Listening to the latest White Sox Talk Podcast with Chuck and Jesse Rogers, I will be shocked if the Sox don’t trade for Escobar.  Rogers even said it could be just a matter of time.  Both don’t think Story is a realistic option.  They also think a righty closer will be added that’s not a huge name and then be put into the 8th inning role.

Both seem like no-brainers to me.  The Story stuff seems like a plant to drive down the price on Escobar.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

.235/.303/.428 is so-so?

Walker's .738 OPS is not horrible, but he also turns 25 years old at the end of the month. To profile even as a 4th or 5th outfielder he would need to start hitting better

44 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Both seem like no-brainers to me.  The Story stuff seems like a plant to drive down the price on Escobar.

Escobar makes a ton of sense as a rental. Cost cannot possibly be all that high. 

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

How could this be?

I was told that he would keep improving at the MLB level, despite years of sucktitude.

Well, maybe the FO can make a bold move, and trade something for him. Gotta get those "still improving" types into the org.

11 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

How could this be?

I was told that he would keep improving at the MLB level, despite years of sucktitude.

Well, maybe the FO can make a bold move, and trade something for him. Gotta get those "still improving" types into the org.

Power hitting lefty right fielder lfg

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Sounds like Raisel Iglesias

Angels are still kind hanging around though, and if they think they get Trout back soon I don't see him getting traded

Edited by mqr