Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

30 minutes ago, mqr said:

Just while we're on it, should the sox acquire Gallo, throw him in the Grandal category where he'll be very good but a ton of people will hate him because of the optics

I don't see Gallo to the Sox happening

2B or bullpen help seem more pressing needs

48 minutes ago, mqr said:

Just while we're on it, should the sox acquire Gallo, throw him in the Grandal category where he'll be very good but a ton of people will hate him because of the optics

Most people that don't like him haven't looked up his stats this season. 

I just wonder how Not Cishek would explain how he knows the inside and out of all the White Sox trade discussions, yet had no clue Lopez was being called up and Bummer was being activated. he isn't the first fake insider who does this, and certainly not the last, but all these so called insiders have a ton of stuff that never happens, and explain it away as typical, yet have nothing about things that do happen. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I just wonder how Not Cishek would explain how he knows the inside and out of all the White Sox trade discussions, yet had no clue Lopez was being called up and Bummer was being activated. he isn't the first fake insider who does this, and certainly not the last, but all these so called insiders have a ton of stuff that never happens, and explain it away as typical, yet have nothing about things that do happen. 

C'mon those minor things just aren't worth his time. He only goes for the big stuff.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

That was me but I still don't want him.  Or I don't want him at any price more than Kelley + filler, which I think some other teams can beat.

His value has to be sky high at the moment. I agree with you. Engel has been so damn good, just ride with him the rest of the year as the RF starter. Focus on 2B and relief pitching. 

31 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

FWIW in my Twitter timeline, he is the first have Bummer up and Fry/Foster down.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pal said:

FWIW in my Twitter timeline, he is the first have Bummer up and Fry/Foster down.

How come he didn't know that when Lopez was scratched a couple of days ago? He claims to know all the trade conversations. Jimmy had it first anyway. Jimmy is one of his sources. Maybe his only source.

Edited by Dick Allen

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes, a source we all have.. Jimmy. James Fox, who posted it here and on twitter. 

He tweeted it before James, but I won't give him credit for it because anyone could have just checked the transactions page on the White Sox website and seen it yesterday

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

He tweeted it before James, but I won't give him credit for it because anyone could have just checked the transactions page on the White Sox website and seen it yesterday

I don't see anything on his Twitter about Lopez. My point is, the guy who knows how trade conversations are going should know that, since it's been in the works for days.

Edited by Dick Allen

14 minutes ago, steveno89 said:
Twitter debate going on right now

I'm a bit surprised at how many Sox fans seemingly would do this deal for Frazier. It's a hard no for me. 

Burger/Stiever/Ramos/Rodriguez/Dalquist for Frazier

E6boObpXMAwDQFM.jfif

It's pretty outrageous and dumb and I'm very glad they aren't making any real decisions outside of their PS5. When your main justification is that the player values are close in that dumb MLB Trade Simulator tool, you need a new argument.

Edited by Sleepy Harold
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

25 minutes ago, steveno89 said:
Twitter debate going on right now

I'm a bit surprised at how many Sox fans seemingly would do this deal for Frazier. It's a hard no for me. 

Burger/Stiever/Ramos/Rodriguez/Dalquist for Frazier

E6boObpXMAwDQFM.jfif

Most Sox fans on Twitter (really any fan base) have no fucking clue what they’re talking about. 

• Like 1