Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

2 hours ago, DirtySox said:

This is terrible and would explain why Kopech was trending for me on Twitter.

It is terrible beyond terrible. Even if the Sox decided to trade Kopech which they will not do ,Texas would or should take  Kopech alone for 1.4 years of Gallo  and then they decide to throw in 3 other players ?

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

lol, more bad takes:

I'm surprised the Sox didn't throw in Vaughn as well in this batshit insane hypothetical trade.

Kopech alone is worth more than Gallo. But nah, let's throw in our best pitching prospect too while we're at it. 

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm hoping this post doesn't age well. It's hard to imagine anything significant getting done until maybe the 25th of July. 10 more days of hell looking for something orange on my screen that isn't just speculation.

If I had to guess the trade deadline haul it would be Escobar and possibly a pen arm (not necessarily in the same trade) 

Sox may aim higher, but I think they will find pricetags too steep

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

If I had to guess the trade deadline haul it would be Escobar and possibly a pen arm (not necessarily in the same trade) 

Sox may aim higher, but I think they will find pricetags too steep

price tags come down when teams don't want to pay, and they realize no one will meet their demands. I do agree with you about the potential moves, Escobar and a reliever for a couple of middling minor leaguers.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

No one wants to give up young talent because 5 years after the trade, there will be a 19 page thread on a message board about they guy that got traded away.

I think it's also that there really isn't much out there other than rentals.  There's no team looking to trade anybody cost controlled for more than a couple years from what I've seen.  You've also got a number of teams that don't really need a lot of help to win their division and won't be overpaying.  Buyers and sellers seem pretty well balanced overall with a number of teams, especially in the NL, that are probably 50/50 on buying or selling and would probably have to think they got a big win either way to make a move.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There hasn't been much talk about the Sox making a deal with the Marlins. Marlins GM Kim Ng started off with the White Sox. She may proceed cautiously since this will be her 1st Trade Deadline and has to make an impression that she won't be a pushover.

Maybe they can re-engage in talks and ship Mercedes off to them.

Edited by manbearpuig

22 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

No one wants to give up young talent because 5 years after the trade, there will be a 19 page thread on a message board about they guy that got traded away.

1. We make those threads about guys who were traded away to help turn a 73 win team into a 76 win team or a 76 win team into a 78 win team.

2. We also reserve the right to make those threads about any guys who were traded away for a pittance and immediately turned into the top prospect in all of baseball.

A big difference right now...this is not a 4th place team! But yeah, if you trade away someone as a throw-in and then 12 months later they're the top prospect in baseball, you'd probably hear about them for a while again.

I am very happy with our current position.  15 teams are 8 or more games back of first in their respective divisions.  Therefore half the teams in baseball should be sellers IMO.  Our need is a rental 2nd baseman upgrade, and 1 or 2 quality relief pitchers.  Just shouldn't be very hard to find those improvements without giving up our high-end prospects.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, heirdog said:

Burger is someone you trade in a package for a core piece moving forward.  You don't trade him for a rental or a 1.4 year guy who would play out of position next year.  

disagree, you trade a guy who is blocked in your organization, who has torn his achilles 2x for help now regardless if its a rental. As much as Burger is a good story his future is not with us. Also our first 2 draft picks this year may be moved to 3b.

2 hours ago, steveno89 said:
Twitter debate going on right now

I'm a bit surprised at how many Sox fans seemingly would do this deal for Frazier. It's a hard no for me. 

Burger/Stiever/Ramos/Rodriguez/Dalquist for Frazier

E6boObpXMAwDQFM.jfif

That would be a horrific trade...where did that proposal come from?

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Not only is that tool blatantly broken in certain areas, the player & prospect values are significantly outdated.  Trading five our top 10 prospects for 1.3 years of Frazier is absolutely bonkers.

Trust me, I tried to tell him that.

• Love 1