Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

What's the most you would offer to the Pirates in a deal for Frazier (or even Frazier + a RP)? A package with Sheets as a centerpiece, along with a couple pitching prospects? I've been trying to come up with offers that make sense for rentals and guys with control through '22 (Frazier, Gallo, etc).

37 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

What's the most you would offer to the Pirates in a deal for Frazier (or even Frazier + a RP)? A package with Sheets as a centerpiece, along with a couple pitching prospects? I've been trying to come up with offers that make sense for rentals and guys with control through '22 (Frazier, Gallo, etc).

I think if the Sox could get Frazier for a package centered around Sheets, Frazier would already be in a Sox uni.  

10 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

That's what I figured too.

Deal Adolfo for Escobar straight up and call it a day.

heres our impending minor league free agent who cant hit in AA, we want your all star. Do we have a deal?

Edited by reiks12

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

heres are impending minor league free agent who cant hit in AA, we want your all star. Do we have a deal?

Nobody is taking Adolfo as the main piece in a deal, but Arizona is far enough from contending that they might take a flyer on him as the second piece.

4 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

heres are impending minor league free agent who cant hit in AA, we want your all star. Do we have a deal?

Adolfo should be plenty for Arizona.  They might prefer someone else, but they aren't getting anything exciting for 8-9 weeks of Escobar.  

Edit: if the rumored deal of Luke Schilling for Escobar was accurate (prior to injury), that gives you an idea of the type of return Escobar would requite.  

Edited by ChiSox59

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Nobody is taking Adolfo as the main piece in a deal, but Arizona is far enough from contending that they might take a flyer on him as the second piece.

yeah for sure, im just addressing the comment that we can trade adolfo straight up for anything. Not going to happen.

6 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

heres our impending minor league free agent who cant hit in AA, we want your all star. Do we have a deal?

Adolfo also leads the southern league in Homers, RBI (by a wide margin) and is top 5 in OPS.......so if he can't hit AA pitching....no one in that league can.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Adolfo also leads the southern league in Homers, RBI (by a wide margin) and is top 5 in OPS.......so if he can't hit AA pitching....no one in that league can.  

Yeah just checked his stats again and hes doing better than I thought, still strikes out nearly half of his atbats though. There could be something there if a team thinks they can at least fix that. Hopefully thats the case. 

The problem with Micker is that a team has to have him on the major league roster opening day 2022, or they potentially lose him to waivers to send him down.  Even with his power numbers, he is still striking out 40% of the time.  That will keep his trade value pretty low.

• Like 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

The problem with Micker is that a team has to have him on the major league roster opening day 2022, or they potentially lose him to waivers to send him down.  Even with his power numbers, he is still striking out 40% of the time.  That will keep his trade value pretty low.

A rebuilding club absolutely could give him a shot. The power is legit, and even modest hit tool improvement could lead to him being a viable corner OF. 

Just now, steveno89 said:

A rebuilding club absolutely could give him a shot. The power is legit, and even modest hit tool improvement could lead to him being a viable corner OF. 

If he is striking out 40% of the time at AA, the whole work knows what would happen if you stuck him on a major league roster that soon.  He has HUGE power, but he also has a HUGE hole in his bat, that will get much worse at the highest level.  I am going to guess he's struggle to hit .200 and would strike out 50+% of the time.

32 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Adolfo should be plenty for Arizona.  They might prefer someone else, but they aren't getting anything exciting for 8-9 weeks of Escobar.  

Edit: if the rumored deal of Luke Schilling for Escobar was accurate (prior to injury), that gives you an idea of the type of return Escobar would requite.  

Wasn't it decided it was Foster or Fry? A reliever with some MLB success.

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I thought Jimmy insinuated it was Luke Schilling but perhaps I misread.  

I read that too. However I thought some other news came out later. I can't find it now though.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

If that's true, then why isn't it done?

Because the Diamondbacks don't really have urgency to trade him weeks in advance of deadline. They could be waiting for better offers/opportunities on other teams to possibly have an injury at 2B or 3B. Kinda dumb not to wait if the best offer isn't much.

24 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm convinced we can't trade Burger and Sheets. Their stories are too perfect for a World Series winning team. We're one "Nick Madrigal is rehabbing faster than expected" away from having plot armor.

Sheets/Burger have both outperformed expectations since getting called up. I'm not sure where either will get consistent at bats once Jimenez/Robert come back, but it is a good problem to have

32 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm convinced we can't trade Burger and Sheets. Their stories are too perfect for a World Series winning team. We're one "Nick Madrigal is rehabbing faster than expected" away from having plot armor.

I don't think there is enough time for Madrigal to heal and rehab for him to return this season. That would be really fast.