Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

With a pretty narrow playoff field, I really think we see teams load up this year and stack their rosters for October.  Sox can’t be complacent because their odds are 95% to make the playoffs.  Go get the pieces needed to build a postseason monster.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sleepy Harold said:

If they really want both Fry and Foster that's fine by me. 

That's a more than fair trade for us. I don't know if I see why the Diamondbacks would want that though. 

Edited by chw42

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I don’t know if you want to go into the playoffs with Mendick/Garcia at 2nd.

You can't. It would be such a black hole, and will really become apparent once Eloy and Robert return. I have faith they are going to add a 2B option. Bullpen depth is a MUST as well.

5 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

If they don’t try Burger at 2nd in the next couple days or so, than I’m thinking that’s one of the positions they will be acquiring for. I don’t know if you want to go into the playoffs with Mendick/Garcia at 2nd.

They barely played him there in Charlotte.  If that doesn't tell you something,  I am not sure what will.

You have to believe Sheets and Burger are being sought after by plenty of teams that the Sox are talking to about trades.  To me, Burger is the one I'd have an easier time parting with.  I like them both and wish they'd be with the Sox for the long haul.  But, of the two, Sheets would seem to have more value to the Sox.  Burger is essentially blocked by Moncada, unless he is converted to 1B (but then there's Vaughn).  Sheets has shown that he can play a decent RF, and his size makes him a good candidate for 1B.

Regardless, if one or both are traded, I hope it's for the right player(s).  These guys could have plenty of value.