Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

12 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

You don't trade Sheets. Can't. 

Trade Burger? Ok, maybe. I'd prefer not.

Really do not like the idea of trading Burger or Sheets for a rental

A few months of Escobar should not end up being all that costly

5 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Really do not like the idea of trading Burger or Sheets for a rental

A few months of Escobar should not end up being all that costly

If we acquire Escobar, it will be for a player like Matt Foster or a minor leaguer that isn't in our top 20 prospects.

Burger or Sheets would be included in a Gallo or possibly Kimbrel type of deal, most likely.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

If we acquire Escobar, it will be for a player like Matt Foster or a minor leaguer that isn't in our top 20 prospects.

Burger or Sheets would be included in a Gallo or possibly Kimbrel type of deal, most likely.

100% my expectation as well.

I would definitely do Burger in a trade for Gallo. I'm a broken record since early 2020, but Gallo is absolutely ideal for this team. I love Gallo and would love to have him go off on the White Sox so I can use him in MLB The Show diamond dynasty for the next 10+ years. 

29 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If it were say Kimbrel and Bryant, I would do it.

I’d be happy with that. Both Sheets and Burger have been great so far, but it is very possible that this is their “Yermin Mercedes April 2021” period. I hope I’m wrong on that, but selling high on one or both of them might not be the worst idea if they can net the Sox a proven impact player.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/31843778/mlb-trade-deadline-rock-next-10-days-plus-biggest-stars-available-teams-looking-add

To summarize the Sox portion:

- Passan says they don't have enough on the farm to land Gallo, and they plan to keep Kopech and Madrigal.

- Says OF help with return of Jimenez and Robert means they may not pursue a corner OF at all

- Says they will definitely add bullpen help

-Suggests Leury is a suitable 2B replacement for Madrigal and they may not make a move there either, but does say they will be in on Story if the price is right and the Rocks decide to move him. Claims the Escobar trade was not as close to happening as was reported earlier

Edited by KrankinSox

3 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/31843778/mlb-trade-deadline-rock-next-10-days-plus-biggest-stars-available-teams-looking-add

- Passan says they don't have enough on the farm to land Gallo, and they plan to keep Kopech and Madrigal.

- Says OF help with return of Jimenez and Robert means they may not pursue a corner OF at all

-Suggests Leury is a suitable 2B replacement for Madrigal and they may not make a move there either, but does say they will be in on Story if the price is right and the Rocks decide to move him. Claims the Escobar trade was not as close to happening as was reported earlier

It would be a big mistake if they play Leury at 2nd in the playoffs. That’s a glaring hole that would be exposed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

It would be a big mistake if they play Leury at 2nd in the playoffs. That’s a glaring hole that would be exposed. 

Leury is a garbage time monster beating up on shitty teams.  He will absolutely be exposed in the playoffs if he's put in the lineup every day.

2021 splits

Teams over .500: .188/.274/.238
Teams under .500: .301/.364/.441

High Leverage: .191/.273/.213 
Med Leverage: .187/.271/.333
Low Leverage: .320/.385/.426

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Leury is a garbage time monster beating up on shitty teams.  He will absolutely be exposed in the playoffs if he's put in the lineup every day.

2021 splits

Wow I knew he had good games vs. the Pirates and Orioles, but I didn't think the differences were that stark. 

19 minutes ago, raBBit said:

2021 splits

14 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Wow I knew he had good games vs. the Pirates and Orioles, but I didn't think the differences were that stark. 

Yeah he’s terrible against good teams but mashes against bad teams. Good recipe for success in the playoffs right there. Lol

I don’t think any of the big writers know who the Sox are going to acquire so they are just throwing out names right now. 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I’d be happy with that. Both Sheets and Burger have been great so far, but it is very possible that this is their “Yermin Mercedes April 2021” period. I hope I’m wrong on that, but selling high on one or both of them might not be the worst idea if they can net the Sox a proven impact player.

They could both be guys, but I don't think their minor league numbers so far really show that they are THIS good.  I think Burger has a better chance just because he can play some defensive positions, but I think both are probably here to be shown off to the rest of MLB.

Said to myself "hey maybe yankees would just dump an underperforming lemahieu for salary relief" not realizing they'd signed him for SIX YEARS lol oh man, my favorite thing about the yankees that Cashman is forced to deal with is the clear expectation that he's not ever allowed to let a player leave.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I’d love to upgrade on Leury and put him back in the role he should be in. But let’s not act like the dude hasn’t answered the bell. He’s been phenomenal since Nicky got hurt. A+. 

Is he a starter?  Obviously not.  Has he given us exactly what we needed?  You are darned right he has.  He should be the super utility guy, instead he has basically been a starter due to injuries.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I’d love to upgrade on Leury and put him back in the role he should be in. But let’s not act like the dude hasn’t answered the bell. He’s been phenomenal since Nicky got hurt. A+. 

I don't know if I'd go so far as A+, but he's been much better than expected. The problem is that Leury's best feature is that he can play every position, and if he has to play 2B every day then he can't do that. The other problem is that when Leury is the staring 2B, your backup SS is Mendick, who really shouldn't be playing.

4 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No.  In fact I get more and more sure as Mendick plays less and less.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

yeah I fully agree with this.

Reading the update from @KrankinSox about Passan’s article, it sounds like they may not make a move for a 2nd baseman either so that’s why I was asking. 

Edited by maloney.adam

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Reading the update from @KrankinSox about Passan’s article, it sounds like they may not make a move for a 2nd baseman either so that’s why I was asking. 

There is a TON of posturing that goes on during this period.  Why do you think White Sox outlets are writing articles about how Eloy and Robert can be the Sox deadline acquisitions?

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There is a TON of posturing that goes on during this period.  Why do you think White Sox outlets are writing articles about how Eloy and Robert can be the Sox deadline acquisitions?

Your right. Like this one.

Edited by maloney.adam