Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

1 minute ago, daggins said:

The Cruz deal was too straightforward for them, now they have to do some real upside-down calculus and do a "sell" trade while also contending.

Maybe part of the contingency of the Cruz deal is that he had to be the oldest player on the roster lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EloyJenkins said:

dumping lefty starters and getting Cruz for potential matchup against Sox in ALCS. Brilliant 4D chess move. 

They got 95 innings out of Hill, probably more than they thought they were going to get, and can see where he's heading. They get a 4th round pick catcher out of the deal. Not bad.

35 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Unless German Marquez gets on the plane with him... Pass.

Purely just a video game trade proposal…this has no basis in reality. 

Do you make this trade? 

Story + Blackmon + Marquez for Cease + Burger + Dalquist + Romy Gonzalez + Adolfo. Rox send $10M of the approx $40M owed to Blackmon. 

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Purely just a video game trade proposal…this has no basis in reality. 

Do you make this trade? 

Story + Blackmon + Marquez for Cease + Burger + Dalquist + Romy Gonzalez + Adolfo. Rox send $10M of the approx $40M owed to Blackmon. 

I definitely feel the White Sox are giving up too much there. Taking on salary, giving up way more control, including Cease. 

21 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I definitely feel the White Sox are giving up too much there. Taking on salary, giving up way more control, including Cease. 

Yeah. Was trying to be realistic based off the rumored ask for Story to the Yanks. I’d probably make that deal without Dalquist and if Rox picked up more $. I’d take Marquez over Cease next two years. Burger is blocked. Adolfo is purely clearing 40 man space. Sure we punt some control of Cease on the backend, but if you have Marquez, Cease probably isn’t in the rotation anymore if everyone is healthy. 

Again, just a video game trade for discussion. 

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah. Was trying to be realistic based off the rumored ask for Story to the Yanks. I’d probably make that deal without Dalquist and if Rox picked up more $. I’d take Marquez over Cease next two years. Burger is blocked. Adolfo is purely clearing 40 man space. Sure we punt some control of Cease on the backend, but if you have Marquez, Cease probably isn’t in the rotation anymore if everyone is healthy. 

Again, just a video game trade for discussion. 

Those slight tweaks down in what the White Sox are giving up have made it much closer to even.

I like Marquez but I don't want sox to do anything that disruptive, especially to essentially solve SP longer term. The time for taking on a huge contract to get an elite player probably ended last year - that roster spot is too valuable.

Sox have a great core right now. I think getting rental players and solving a limited number of positions year to year is the best approach, and keeping flexibility in case an elite player becomes available unexpectedly.

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

I like Marquez but I don't want sox to do anything that disruptive, especially to essentially solve SP longer term. The time for taking on a huge contract to get an elite player probably ended last year - that roster spot is too valuable.

Sox have a great core right now. I think getting rental players and solving a limited number of positions year to year is the best approach, and keeping flexibility in case an elite player becomes available unexpectedly.

Agreed. Tho getting an well above LH RF this offseason would sure be nice.