Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

Hahn  really needs to get at least one reliever. I don't expect much more. You have to wonder how the FO is evaluating this team. Does it really think the club is really ready to make a Series run? Some fans have a laundry list to fill at the deadline.  Second baseman, corner outfielder, at least one reliever. Not realistic because the Sox would have to give up a ton for this. So, please, just get a steady reliever.

We have an offseason to address concerns. The rebuild is at the point where one can see what the club truly needs. Evaluate everything, including the manager. Hahn should do what he can in the next few days. Mortgaging the future isn't one of them, because the future is in plain sight.

I would think only Jerry will evaluate the manager. Just my guess, but Jerry will keep LTR based on the team's success  since I don't see this team collapsing down the stretch. Regardless of playoff performance, Jerry will want Tony if he wants to return. 

19 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I would think only Jerry will evaluate the manager. Just my guess, but Jerry will keep LTR based on the team's success  since I don't see this team collapsing down the stretch. Regardless of playoff performance, Jerry will want Tony if he wants to return. 

You're probably right about Jerry and LaRussa, and I think that's a problem. But JR is in charge, and he can do what he wants. I don't see the team collapsing, either, and I'm hoping for some prudent moves or move during the next week. Many say anything can happen in the playoffs, and that's true. But I really don't see the team having success in the post season with the bullpen it currently has.

TLR is a leading candidate for Manager of the Year*.  It seemingly is between him and Alex Cora and I can't see Cora getting any awards with his cheating past.

Season awards are based upon regular season only - playoffs not included.  Has an incumbent Manager of the Year ever been fired?

*just to tick off soxtalk

9 minutes ago, kleedawg said:

here's an out of the box thought:

Scherzer for Kuechel & Burger. 

1. Upgrade to a big game playoff starter.

2. Clear Dallas' contract which in part can be used to re-sign Rodon.

3. Keeps him away from the astros.

What's in it for the nats? Burger? Burger to take on Keuchel's salary?

30 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

What's in it for the nats? Burger? Burger to take on Keuchel's salary?

A quality starter with a couple years of control and they could then sign Max  next year if they want. Their problem is that they could get a lot for max in the off season if he wasn't a free agent. But how much will a team be willing to spend on a short term rental for him? Not near what he is worth.

2 hours ago, NWINFan said:

You're probably right about Jerry and LaRussa, and I think that's a problem. But JR is in charge, and he can do what he wants. I don't see the team collapsing, either, and I'm hoping for some prudent moves or move during the next week. Many say anything can happen in the playoffs, and that's true. But I really don't see the team having success in the post season with the bullpen it currently has.

Way too far away to make predictions. Rosters will be bolstered this week with trades and players will return from injuries like Robert, Eloy, Sale etc in the coming weeks. But players will also suffer season ending injuries over the next 2 months w/o the benefit of trades to replace them.  

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Pirates have Hayes, so doubt they’d be looking for a near major league ready 3B as their primary piece back.  Honestly, I’m not sure we have the bullets to pull off a trade for both of them.

They could move Burger to 1B I suppose.

Edited by manbearpuig